Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Unable to connect to Intel(R) Software Development Products Registration Center

niraj_v_
Beginner

HI

Installing the parallel_studio_xe_2017 on docker images ubuntu 16.10. 

during installation getting the following error !!!

Unable to connect to Intel(R) Software Development Products Registration Center 

though I have the internet able to ping google.com

and wget https://registrationcenter.intel.com  and able connect to this site also 

then after not able to proceed with the installation.

Pls guide to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Niraj,

As a workaround, please follow the instructions on this article, in order to generate a license file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
niraj_v_
Beginner

Hi

Thnak for your reply....But I have donwload only the small size of 68 MB of parallel studio xe so required to do the online installation only and I do the same earlier also but the problem is right now I have the docker image and try to install the parallel studio xe on docker image and during that I am facing the issue.

For the internet I am able to donwload and install the other packages in when run the docker image.

but only when try to connect  Intel(R) Software Development Products  its having the issue !!!!!!!!! 

I am able to ping the https://software.intel.com  site from the docker image but during installation I am facing issue !!

Hope you understand my exact issue !!!  

Please guide for the same.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Niraj,

Activation with license file should work, no matter you use the online installer or use the offline installer (the bigger one).  So, I suggest you to follow the instructions in the article above, and generate a license file.  One thing to note.  You will need to obtain Host ID of your guest OS (Ubuntu), rather than that of your host OS.  Please let me know if this workaround is good to you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos