Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unlock Activation code doesn't work

olele
Beginner

Hello, i had been trying to install the Intel Fortran Compiler in a Fedora 10 / Intel system. However, i got problem with the Activation Step.

Step no: 3 of 7 | Activation Options - Remote Offline Activation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to complete the offline activation process, you will need to use a
system that is connected to the Internet.

1. On the connected system, go to:
https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/remoteactivation.aspx
2. Enter this product activation code on the above web page:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < ----------intentionally hidden
3. Save the product unlock code that is displayed on the above web page.
4. Choose option 1 below and enter the product unlock code to complete the
activation process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Provide your product unlock code [default]
2. View additional information about software activation

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 1
Note: Press "Enter" key to back to the previous menu.
Please type your product unlock code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < ----------intentionally hidden
The unlock code you provided is not valid for this product.
Press "Enter" key to continue:

Sincerely,

Olivier

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ron_Green
Quoting - olele

Hello, i had been trying to install the Intel Fortran Compiler in a Fedora 10 / Intel system. However, i got problem with the Activation Step.

Step no: 3 of 7 | Activation Options - Remote Offline Activation
In order to complete the offline activation process, you will need to use a
system that is connected to the Internet.

1. On the connected system, go to:
https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/remoteactivation.aspx
2. Enter this product activation code on the above web page:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < ----------intentionally hidden
3. Save the product unlock code that is displayed on the above web page.
4. Choose option 1 below and enter the product unlock code to complete the
activation process.

1. Provide your product unlock code [default]
2. View additional information about software activation

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 1
Note: Press "Enter" key to back to the previous menu.
Please type your product unlock code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < ----------intentionally hidden
The unlock code you provided is not valid for this product.
Press "Enter" key to continue:

Sincerely,

Olivier

Olivier,

What package are you installing? Is it l_cprof_p_11.1.046.tgz ?

And were you able to cut-and-paste the unlock code, or did you have to copy it to paper and then enter it manually?

ron
0 Kudos
olele
Beginner

Olivier,

What package are you installing? Is it l_cprof_p_11.1.046.tgz ?

And were you able to cut-and-paste the unlock code, or did you have to copy it to paper and then enter it manually?

ron

Hello

l_cprof_p_11.1.046_ia32.tgz

I was able to do both way.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green
Quoting - olele

Hello

l_cprof_p_11.1.046_ia32.tgz

I was able to do both way.

l_cprof_p_11.1.046_ia32.tgz is the 32bit Linux Fortran compiler. Is your Linux 32bit or 64bit? Try this:

uname -m

If it comes back with "x86_64" then you have 64bit Linux and you will need l_cprof_p_11.1.046_intel64.tgz OR l_cprof_p_11.1.046.tgz. the _intel64.tgz package has just the 64bit compiler. The 046.tgz package has both the 32bit and 64bit compilers.

If uname -m returns i686 then you do have a 32bit system AND you have the correct package. If this is the case, then I'll need to find someone over in licensing to help out.

ron
0 Kudos
olele
Beginner

l_cprof_p_11.1.046_ia32.tgz is the 32bit Linux Fortran compiler. Is your Linux 32bit or 64bit? Try this:

uname -m

If it comes back with "x86_64" then you have 64bit Linux and you will need l_cprof_p_11.1.046_intel64.tgz OR l_cprof_p_11.1.046.tgz. the _intel64.tgz package has just the 64bit compiler. The 046.tgz package has both the 32bit and 64bit compilers.

If uname -m returns i686 then you do have a 32bit system AND you have the correct package. If this is the case, then I'll need to find someone over in licensing to help out.

ron

I have i686 (uname -m).
0 Kudos
Ron_Green
Quoting - olele

I have i686 (uname -m).

Good, we have the right OS and the right package.

Let's try Plan B:

You should have received a Serial Number, something like ABCD-EF23GH4. Don't post that here, as anyone could use (steal) it.

Go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com and register that serial number and set up your account - you may have done this already.

Next, login to https://registrationcenter.intel.com

On this first web page, under the column named "Product Subscription Information" you will see your product listed as "Intel Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*" and this will be in blue text meaning it's hyperlinked. Click on the "Intel Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*" link.

Next Web page, under the column "Licenses", click the link named "Manage"

Third web page - 2 options here - you can cut and paste the text from "License File" into a text file. Use a straight text editor like 'vi' or 'vim' and NOT a word processor. Save the file with extension ".lic" as straight ASCII text (no formatting). Any name will do, such as 'myifortlic.lic'.
OR, see the link below that, the one named "Resend license file to my email" - click that and it will send your license file to your email as an attachments.

In either case, get that file onto your installation system in directory /opt/intel/licenses/ creating this directory if it does not exist.

Copy the license file from above, the .lic file, into this /opt/intel/licenses directory

restart the installation and it will find this license file, avoiding the 'activation' step. Activation is trying to generate the license file from the key information. Since we have manually added the license file, we don't need nor want this activation any longer.

ron
0 Kudos
Rocky_Z_
Beginner

Hi! I have been trying to activate windows 10 but keep on receiving error code 0xC004C003. Please help.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Rocky,

Please start a new thread and give more information about your issue.

Regards,

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos