Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Upgrade from Parallel Studio to Parallel Studio XE

NI_V_
Beginner

I have a license for Intel Parallel Studio 2011. Now I need to upgrade to Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011. Is the upgrade possible and if so what will be the upgrade cost?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
You can obtain a free Intel® Parallel Studio 2011 to Intel® C++ Studio XE 2013 upgrade soon in case you have valid support contract for Parallel Studio 2011. Please note that this will be an upgrade to C++ Studio XE 2013 only (including C++ Compiler only, no Fortran). If you don't have a valid support contract you can either order a Parallel Studio 2011 renewal now to get active support that will entitle you to register for a free C++ Studio XE 2013 upgrade. Do you need Fortran? Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
NI_V_
Beginner
Thanks for the info. I do not need Fortran. By the way, how do I check if my support contact has a free upgrade to C++ Studio XE 2013. I ran the "Product Updates" application and it said there are no updates. Does this mean I cannot upgrade to 2013? Also one more question is that is it not possible to upgrade to C++ Studio XE 2011 instead of 2013 if upgrade to 2013 is not in my contract?
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
The free Parallel Studio 2011 to C++ Studio XE 2013 is not yet available. When it becomes available you will be eligible to upgrade if your current support subscription of Parallel Studio 2011 is valid. C++ Studio XE 2013 is the successor of C++ Studio XE 2011. So you can directly upgrade to XE 2013. Of course, older compilers (XE 2011) will still available form the Intel® Registration Center downloads. Please let me know your serial number and I'll check for status. Please answer using the 'Send Author A Message' to keep the information confidential. Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
Eckhardt__Stephen
hubert-haberstock (Intel) wrote:

The free Parallel Studio 2011 to C++ Studio XE 2013 is not yet available.
Regards, Hubert.

Any hints as to when it will be available? Does this really apply to Parallel Studio 2011 and not just Parallel Studio XE 2011?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
The free Intel® Parellel Studio 2011 to Intel® C++ Studio XE 2013 is available now. If you have a valid support subscription for Intel® Parallel Studio 2011, login to the IRC at https://registrationcenter.intel.com, click on the product, click on the download link. On the product downloads page you will see the 'Upgrade available >>' link next to your serial number. Follow this link to register and download the upgrade. Hubert.
0 Kudos