Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Video driver always reinstalls at startup

metanola
Beginner

Hi,

DELL Optiplex desktop GX520
Video chipset 82945G Express, driver 6.14.10.4543 (last available on DELL site)

The problem is by default I'm with 800x600, after installing video drivers it asks me to restart computer...what I done.
It restarts, and continue to prompt me the same message 'Windows has detect new hardware on your computer, you need to restart to install this component etc..."
What I done, restart, and same message, always in 800x600.
I tried on different monitors, same problem
I tried to install latest INTEL Drivers, it says the driver is not validated by constructor, and stops installation.

I really dont know what to do with this driver. Have you ever met this problem or do you know hiow can I resolve it ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
neointel_com
New Contributor I
Quoting - metanola

Hi,

DELL Optiplex desktop GX520
Video chipset 82945G Express, driver 6.14.10.4543 (last available on DELL site)

The problem is by default I'm with 800x600, after installing video drivers it asks me to restart computer...what I done.
It restarts, and continue to prompt me the same message 'Windows has detect new hardware on your computer, you need to restart to install this component etc..."
What I done, restart, and same message, always in 800x600.
I tried on different monitors, same problem
I tried to install latest INTEL Drivers, it says the driver is not validated by constructor, and stops installation.

I really dont know what to do with this driver. Have you ever met this problem or do you know hiow can I resolve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ... well i am not sure why this is causing ... try the following methods .. first uninstall the current drivers by going to device manager -> display adapter -> intel 82945G ..right click and click uninstall drivers select the box delete from the system .. then it will ask you to restart .. restart it and now u try installing the drivers ...

If still the problem exist let me know ..
0 Kudos