Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Welcome to the Android* Applications on Intel Architecture Forum!

Joshua_B_Intel
Employee

Welcome to the newest forum on Intel Software Network, dedicated to helping developers of Android Applications get the most out of running on Intel architecture. You can find more info at our home page for Android on Intel, and please feel free to post questions (and answers!) here in the forum. We'll get our expert software engineers on the case, and help you as best we can.

Thanks for coming by! :-)

0 Kudos
50 Replies
Rizky_Ariestiyansyah

Hi All.

This is really good news for us as android developer. I hope this good place for discuss and become android developer paradise ^_^

Congrats INTEL

0 Kudos
Mohamed_Ali_A_
Beginner

Hello,

nice idea and i hope that this forum became the best

0 Kudos
Mohamed_helmi_b_
Beginner

i think this forum need some advertising because stackoverflow is the biggest forum and all most people post and search on it.

0 Kudos
med_anouar_hammami

Congratulations!
it will be helpfull to submit some basic tutorial to showing us how to make some simple games and programs

0 Kudos
Mohamed_Ali_A_
Beginner

This forum need to have more experts to answer for questions 

0 Kudos
Ahmed_BH
Beginner

Very interesting forum.

0 Kudos
nakhli__m_
Beginner

great forum !! 

0 Kudos
Catalin_P_
Beginner

Hello there, very insteresting forum. I look forward to read it more often.

can anyone tell me in 2-3 sentences what the Intel architecture brings or imposes for the Android development, in addition to the normal/standard Android development?

thanks

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Ashwin_S_Ashok
Beginner

Nice Idea..

0 Kudos
Vivek_Ace
Beginner

great forum....and can you please tell me how to learn the basics of android programming?

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Vivek Ace wrote:

great forum....and can you please tell me how to learn the basics of android programming?

As mentioned before, Google has some nice tutorials on their website: http://developer.android.com/training/index.html . When I learned developing for Android 5 years ago I really liked these tutorials: http://www.vogella.com/android.html . 

I hope one of them fits your needs. The web is full of tutorials about Android.

0 Kudos
Vik_A_
Beginner

I was watching these tutorials, thank you! There is useful information. I work in software development company for only a year and I want to learn more about application for mobile.

0 Kudos
Ben_Y_1
Beginner

Hello, thanks for having this Android forum. I'm a recent college graduate with a computer science major and am seeking to learn more about Android mobile apps.

0 Kudos
Harsh
Beginner

Hello everyone,

Most people here want to know what is the advantage of having a Intel Atom inside a Android device. To appreciate this architecture we must understand android internals and we see its a linux kernel with a differnent window system and memory and power management techniques. Existing processors like those offered by Qualcomm provide sufficient power for mobile computational devices but now that intel has stepped into the market, we are likely to see a manifold increase in processing power per number of cores. So your phone can do more with a greater battery life.

0 Kudos
atman_b_
Beginner

hello,  very interesting forum ....

so, i'm new in android dev .. i encountered a problem with my emulator using Intel Atom (x86) on API19

when i run the AVD the emulator starts and the screen freezes on the "android" logo.

But when i run it on API 15 it works great.!!

why is that ? help plz

thanks .

0 Kudos
Nick_J_
Beginner

Thanks for the possibility to hang out here, I'm sure it'll be fun! I'm currently a new member of a mobile app development company, based in UK, I hope I'll find a lot of useful and interesting information.

0 Kudos
David_G_7
Beginner

As I'm working in Offshore Development center, we are really interested in working with new technologies, especially when we talk about mobile development sphere.

0 Kudos
Jorgesys
Beginner

I´m newbie here i hope to contribute in this forum! I work at this stage of my life in mobile development! 

0 Kudos
Rosa_B_
Beginner

I don't think this forum need advertising,but need more expert to anwser the questions!

Samsung Galaxy S6 cover

0 Kudos
adel_s_1
Beginner

Android is already the language of the future

0 Kudos