Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Which compiler?

Bruce_Weaver
Beginner

Hi,

I've just received PHI 3120 on a Windows machine.  The code we've written is in the current Intel Fortran but I see the Intel web pages discuss an beta version of a Fortran compiler and Amplifier for the PHI.  I'm confused.  Should we be using the up-to-date current Intel Fortran compiler or the beta version discussed in http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/beta-windows-enabled-drivers-and-development-tools-for-intelr-xeon-phitm-coprocessor?

I figure we're going to have enough fun being de facto hardware and software beta testers that we ight as well start with the best/proper choice of compiler.

thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Windows support for Xeon Phi™ is only available in the Beta packages at the URL you cited. That's the best/proper choice at this moment. The official Composer XE 2013 SP1 release with Windows support for Xeon Phi™ is targeted for early next month, so you can upgrade (assuming you have current product subscription - sounds like you do) to that release then.

I believe an MPSS Beta update release is also planned around the same time next month.

0 Kudos