Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Which platform is the best ?

Haroon_K_
Beginner

Hello ! 

I am new dev. so i wanted to know that which platform is the best for developing Android application ? . The app actually will serve as social media app ? Please reply.

Thanks ! 

Regards,

Haroon

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Haroon, are you talking about the platform that you are going to use for development?
If so, you can use any platform you like (Linux, Windows or Mac). Currently all the Android tools have a pretty good support on any of them.

0 Kudos
Haroon_K_
Beginner

Hi Edu !

Thanks for the help. :) but there is one more thing that i want to ask  is that installation and executing different from windows or they are the same ?

0 Kudos
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Haroon you need to download and install the specific package for the platform that you are using. If you go to this page http://developer.android.com/sdk it will direct you to the right package for the machine you are currently using.

0 Kudos
Haroon_K_
Beginner

Thanks alot ! Edu Carrara. I have downloaded the 64bit edition... but it is showing some problem ? erreor executing installation file.

Thanks in advance :) Any solutions would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Eduardo_C_Intel
Employee

Haroon you should post the log, screenshot or error message in order to somebody try to help you.

0 Kudos