Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Wifi Testing not working

Douglas_Biazioli
Beginner

Hello!

I am trying to test my project using wifi in "Local Apps" mode, but since a couple days ago the AppPreview can't open my project....

It connects to XDK and lists my projects correctly, but then I get "Missing Application" error after trying to open the project. "Server Apps" is working fine.

The device is an iPhone 4, with iOS 7.

Any ideas why this is happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Douglas-

I just double-checked (see below for details) and I expect that you will see this issue resolved in 2.3.0 when it becomes available.  We submitted 2.3.0 last week, so guesstimating based on current average app review times and assuming we do not have to resubmit, I hope that 2.3.0 will be available in the App Store by early next week.  Thanks again for the report, sorry about the problem and if you have time, please verify (when you can) that the issue is fixed in 2.3.0!

Tony

Details about how I tested: I installed 2.2.4 from the store and reproduced the issue reported by Douglas (that misleading error message should also be fixed in 2.3.0).  Then I uninstalled 2.2.4, installed an internal version of 2.3.0 and was able to start my "Local App" as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Douglas-

I'm one of the developers that works on App Preview.

Sorry for the delayed response - I was traveling last week!

We've submitted a new version of App Preview for iOS to the App Store; it is currently "Under Review" by Apple.

I think what you are reporting may be fixed in the new version (2.3.0).

I'll post an update after I look into this issue a bit more - I might need some more information.

Thanks!

Tony

0 Kudos
Douglas_Biazioli
Beginner

Thank you, Anthony!

I'll wait for the update =D

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Douglas-

I just double-checked (see below for details) and I expect that you will see this issue resolved in 2.3.0 when it becomes available.  We submitted 2.3.0 last week, so guesstimating based on current average app review times and assuming we do not have to resubmit, I hope that 2.3.0 will be available in the App Store by early next week.  Thanks again for the report, sorry about the problem and if you have time, please verify (when you can) that the issue is fixed in 2.3.0!

Tony

Details about how I tested: I installed 2.2.4 from the store and reproduced the issue reported by Douglas (that misleading error message should also be fixed in 2.3.0).  Then I uninstalled 2.2.4, installed an internal version of 2.3.0 and was able to start my "Local App" as expected.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Consider this a thumbs up of what Tony said above. I also tested 2.3.0 (submitted to the store) and it works with the 1878 for local testing on iOS and on Android(currently available in the Play Store).

0 Kudos
Douglas_Biazioli
Beginner

Thank you for the feedback, guys!

I'll wait for the update, then.

Good job! =D

0 Kudos
Nikolay_K_
Beginner

ANTHONY H. (Intel) wrote:

Hello, Tony!

What is about AppPreview for Windows Phone/Windows Desktop?

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Nikolay K. wrote:

Hello, Tony!

What is about AppPreview for Windows Phone/Windows Desktop?

Hi Nikolay.  App Preview 2.3.0 for Windows 8 should be available now in the Windows Store.  App Preview for Windows Phone will be released when build support for App Preview for Windows Phone based on Cordova is released.  Did you have a specific question about App Preview for Windows 8?

Tony

0 Kudos
Nikolay_K_
Beginner

ANTHONY H. (Intel) wrote:

Did you have a specific question about App Preview for Windows 8?

Yes, I have. App Preview Win8 is installed on the same computer where IntelXDK is. When I try to test my application in App Preview via WiFi I get an error message "Cann't connect to Intel XDK". Smartphones and tablets works fine.

How to fix it?

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Nikolay K. wrote:

App Preview Win8 is installed on the same computer where IntelXDK is. When I try to test my application in App Preview via WiFi I get an error message "Cann't connect to Intel XDK". Smartphones and tablets works fine.

How to fix it?

Thanks for reporting this issue, there does seem to be a problem with this.  We are currently investigating and will post an update when we have a solution or workaround.

Tony 

0 Kudos
Tim_C_1
Beginner

Sorry for off-topic but I found the camera for scanning QR code doesn't work in current version (2.2.2).   Will new version solve this problem as well?

My running system is iOS 8.1.3, iPad mini2.

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Tim C. wrote:

Sorry for off-topic but I found the camera for scanning QR code doesn't work in current version (2.2.2).   Will new version solve this problem as well?

My running system is iOS 8.1.3, iPad mini2.

Hi Tim-

Thanks for contacting us.

I created a new topic to answer your question so that it will be easier for you and others to find.

Please check there for my answer!

Tony

0 Kudos
S_C_
Beginner

Also App Preview for Android. It was fine a few days ago. Now all my apps have  "error : unable to retrieve app for cloud server. did you use test tab in xdk to push/sync project files to server?"  yes I have push/synced.  Also app preview's demo apps are blank.

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

S C. wrote:

Also App Preview for Android. It was fine a few days ago. Now all my apps have  "error : unable to retrieve app for cloud server. did you use test tab in xdk to push/sync project files to server?"  yes I have push/synced.  Also app preview's demo apps are blank.

Hi S.C.-

Thanks for posting.  I'm sorry that you are having this issue.  I started a new topic that is specific to your question, please take a look and respond there.

Thanks!

Tony

0 Kudos
Vihanga_A_
New Contributor I

Is there any way to edit/debug the project files on the testing device? While searching I found that question in the FAQ  https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-app-preview-overview but when I click that question to see the instructions it shows nothing. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Vihanga-

Thanks for posting!
I started a new topic to answer your question.
Please take a look and feel free to comment there.

This will make it easier for other users to find the answer to your great question in future.

Tony

0 Kudos