Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Windows 10 - Windows Hello - USB Issue

Tom_M_3
Beginner

Hi there,

Testing out the RealSense camera on current release of Windows 10 - 1.4 of the drivers.

Initially it functioned without issue (for about an hour).  Detected by the OS without issue and set up (learn face etc.) worked without issue.  Accessing the camera from Windows own Camera app was fine, worked perfectly.

After testing the camera a few times for accuracy - I'd lock the machine and test from there, it worked fine for the first few attempts and then I noticed a problem.

When I lock the machine (Windows Key + L) it seems that the OS temporarily "drops" the USB connection with the camera (I hear the USB disconnected sound for a moment and then I hear the USB connected sound seconds later) which renders the camera inaccessible on the login screen and so I have to login using a PIN instead.

When I do login, the camera is certainly there and accessible via the Windows Camera app.

I've tested this out 4-5 times now and the same thing happens each time.  Lock the computer, connection to camera drops, "Looking For you" shows on the login screen but nothing happens.

I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on what might be wrong and perhaps a solution?

Thank you,

Tom

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Philip_N_
Beginner

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/335598,intels-upcoming-z87-chipset-has-an-annoying-usb-3-bug.aspx

Sounds similar to this bug... maybe a few firmware upgrades could fix it? Possible description of the fix below

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Haswell-S3-Sleep-Problem-PCN,21896.html

0 Kudos
Tom_M_3
Beginner

Thanks for the response Philip.

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the cause.

I spoke to the manufacturer support and they have confirmed that the chipset isn't affected by this.

I've updated the chipset, ATK, USB either way and it hasn't made any different.

Tom

0 Kudos
Johan_V_
Beginner

I have the same problem... Very disappointing since windows hello is why I night this camera.

0 Kudos
Johan_V_
Beginner

I finally got it to work by upgrading my motherboard BIOS.

0 Kudos
Tom_M_3
Beginner

I formatted the machine and freshly flashed the BIOS.

I was excited to see it was working again.

Then after several reboots - Dead again.

Now it won't even pick up the camera properly when I try to set Face recognition up, green light flashes on it for a second on camera, USB connect / disconnect sound and that's it.

Very disappointing experience.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

You're right! Very very disappointing! But economize your nerves.

I've played this game (install, reinstall, updating, rebooting, downgrading, changing BIOS adjustments, refreshing drivers, etc) 2 month ever and ever and every day. Never anyone access! Other USB 3.0 devices are working fine.

I've asked for this problem by the manufacturers supports - even the same respons: The problem must solved by the device manufacturer Intel. Without correct drivers of your device it cannot work.

And Intel? The solution would be referred for ever and a day .... The number of disappointed users is growing from day to day! It's only an experience of patience! I am waiting ....

0 Kudos
Manuel_P_1
Beginner

I have the same problem with USB3... Sometimes the device is disconnected or not recognized....

Some idea how we can fix this problem??

Thank you in advance,

Manu

0 Kudos
John_H_13
Beginner

Exactly the same problem here. Have a new motherboard and Intel 6th generation chip. Was hoping to find a solution...damn.

0 Kudos
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

there are some "always on" settings in power management, have you tried that out?

also there are "some always on settings" in the bios. afaik those purple usb slots are always on 3.1 usb

i am using external usb 3.0 hub and this seems to cause no problem with r200

0 Kudos
Nomgle___
Beginner

John H. wrote:

Exactly the same problem here. Have a new motherboard and Intel 6th generation chip. Was hoping to find a solution...damn.

John, try this : https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/632457#comment-1879602

And try Disabling "USB selective suspend setting" within Power Options -> Advanced :

powerusb_0.png

0 Kudos
Peter_B_6
Beginner

I think I'm seeing the same thing. I'm using an F200 on Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update installed.

Every time something tries to use the depth camera, I get the unplug/replug noise, and the device fails. This is true both when Windows Hello tries to connect, and in GraphStudioNext. The driver is 1.4.27.52404, which is what Windows offers me.

RGB is fine, only depth has a problem.

It's possible that my processor is just too old or something. 

0 Kudos