Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

XDK 1912 Start New IONIC Project but failed

Mark_Z_1
Beginner

Hello,

I created a new Ionic project, but after done, there is no Ionic framework JS files in it. I run the Test, it only show a small square XDK logo.

Why? Is this a bug? Previous version does not have this problem. It show Ionic header when Test new project.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Have you added any elements to your app in Design mode? After you do that you should see an ionic folder.

0 Kudos
Mark_Z_1
Beginner

Ionic project have no design mode right?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

It should.

0 Kudos
Mark_Z_1
Beginner

I didn't see the design mode button. Can you show me a screenshot with Ionic Project with Design Mode?

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

If the project was created with App Designer elected, then when you select an .html file in the file browser you should have the option of editing in code or design mode. The button that flips between them is on the toolbar, at the left. (Very obvious). But if you have a different type of file active, the button may not be active. And if no file is selected, or if the project did not elect App Designer when created, then the button won't appear at all.

0 Kudos
Mark_Z_1
Beginner

Hello,

I'm pretty sure we are not talking about the same thing. So I created some screenshots so that we all understand what we are talking about. The MAIN QUESTION is why XDK 1912 create Ionic Project template without Ionic JS files and why is it treated as Game Mode? XDK 1826 create Ionic Project without error. Please see the last screenshot.

Screenshot:

Step 1: 

Step 2: 

Step 3: 

Step 4: 

This screenshot is for Ionic Project created using XDK version 1826: 

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

The Ionic Sample project was not created with App Designer, it won't open there.  But it otherwise a working Ionic project and can be used a starting place. 

If you want an Ionic project with App Designer, just make a new Blank project and elect App Designer. Then you'll be asked what framework to use, select Ionic. Then start inserting controls.

Yes, there is a disconnect there between the two things I mentioned. We'll get that smoothed out sometime in the future.

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos
Mark_Z_1
Beginner

You really don't understand my question... I don't know how to communicate with you. You don't seem to read question in detail. You just simply shoot out unrelated answer to my question. Very disappointed...

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Mark,

I understand your question. You are correct. There has been some mix up with the ionic template in this version, it's bringing up wrong template and shows up as a game project.  I have reported the issue, it should be fixed soon. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Swati

0 Kudos
Mark_Z_1
Beginner

I'm glad that someone FINALLY understand and saw the problem. Hope the new version will fix this. Thanks.

0 Kudos