Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK April 14, 2015 Release Announcement

John_H_Intel2
Employee

Note: Our automatic updater will notify existing Intel XDK users when the update is available within the Intel XDK. The updates will be released to all users within 24 hours. If you would like the update sooner, download it from intel.xdk.com.

Issues Addressed:

• Corrected the issue with intel.xdk plugins where if you selected the Emulator after selecting to include a plugin, the plugin was marked as "disabled" in the project.xdk file and thus was not included in the test or build uploads. In order for the plugins to work, you had to again deselect/select the plugin.
  • Corrected and issue where sometimes 3rd party plugins were not getting included in the built application.
  • Corrected an issue where if you selected the "Standard Cordova Plugins" check box (to select/deselect all Cordova plugins) then quickly selected/deselected individual plugins the list and build packages could get out of sync.
  • Corrected an issue where if a HTML5 project is upgraded to a HTML5 + Cordova project in project tab, the Emulator would report that the index.html file could not be found.
  • Corrected an issue on the Mac version which would present you with dialog when starting the Intel XDK on a Apple OS X system.

For a complete list of features added and issues addressed, please see the official release notes and Joe's blog.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Awesome :)

0 Kudos
RRanj2
Beginner

Thanks, for the info and beg there are still bugs that interfere with the process of debugging and sometimes to login XDK error occurs

0 Kudos
Robby_P_
Beginner

When will debugging for 3rd party plugins be supported? The experience in working with these in XDK is absolutely terrible without debugging.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, but we are not allowed to publish road maps or promise delivery dates on public forums. We are working on it. In the meantime, please see this doc for some debugging methods: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview

0 Kudos
Remigio_III_D_
Beginner

I have removed the ";C:\Python34" string in my TEMP variable, but for some reason, it still shows the following on build.

Unable to build. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again.

Unexpected component failure during service call (maybe crash): Error: ENOENT, open
'C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python34\xdk-18083y2s1sg.zip' Error: ENOENT, open
'C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python34\xdk-18083y2s1sg.zip' at Error (native)

From previous event: at C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\private\service\http-wrappers.js:17:1936
at callbacks (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:161:37)
at param (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:135:11)
at pass (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:142:5)
at Router._dispatch (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:170:5)
at Object.router (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:33:10)
at next (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\node_modules\connect\lib\proto.js:190:15)
at Object.handle (C:\Users\AceOfShades\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\node_modules\connect\lib\middleware\static.js:55:61)

Even if my cmd shows the following when i type "echo %TEMP%"
C:\Users\ACEOFS~1\AppData\Local\Temp

I have a stable Internet Connection, so I suppose it's just a bad TEMP.

My PC runs on Windows 7, 64bit.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Remigio -- you probably need to exit and restart the XDK, in order for it to see the change in the environment variables. Also, you need to be sure that you are making the change to your TEMP environment variable in the "permanent" env area, not just at the command-line. Here's an article that might help: http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx

0 Kudos