Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK April 14, 2015 Release Announcement

John_H_Intel2
Employee

Note: Our automatic updater will notify existing Intel XDK users when the update is available within the Intel XDK. The updates will be released to all users within 24 hours. If you would like the update sooner, download it from intel.xdk.com.

Issues Addressed:

• Corrected the issue with intel.xdk plugins where if you selected the Emulator after selecting to include a plugin, the plugin was marked as "disabled" in the project.xdk file and thus was not included in the test or build uploads. In order for the plugins to work, you had to again deselect/select the plugin.
  • Corrected and issue where sometimes 3rd party plugins were not getting included in the built application.
  • Corrected an issue where if you selected the "Standard Cordova Plugins" check box (to select/deselect all Cordova plugins) then quickly selected/deselected individual plugins the list and build packages could get out of sync.
  • Corrected an issue where if a HTML5 project is upgraded to a HTML5 + Cordova project in project tab, the Emulator would report that the index.html file could not be found.
  • Corrected an issue on the Mac version which would present you with dialog when starting the Intel XDK on a Apple OS X system.

For a complete list of features added and issues addressed, please see the official release notes and Joe's blog.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
samuel_k_1
Beginner

thanks for the excellent work tool.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Great job. Thanks for all team.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

First issue: I think that fix applied on previus version, about ID at Windows build was lost.

I tried to build the same app and I received this error (on log): 

The value '9HTSInformtica.painelpraticmini' is invalid according to its datatype

I need to use . (dot) at APP ID to be accepted on Windows Store.

0 Kudos
Samuel_K_
Beginner

the app preview (in Local Apps)  returned to work

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Where are you getting this message, the XDK or when you try to submit to the store?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@John> This error is showed at Windows build (log).

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I was able to build Cordova windows 8 using 

9HTSInformtica.painelpraticmini

as the appID

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Sure. The screen is this:

complicao windows painel pratic mini.jpg

And in the log (the complete file is attached):

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
...\PainelPRATICMini\platforms\windows\build\windows80\Release\AnyCPU\AppxManifest.xml(24,18): error APPX1404: File content does not conform to specified schema. The 'Id' attribute is invalid - The value '9HTSInformtica.painelpraticmini' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId' - The Pattern constraint failed. [...\PainelPRATICMini\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Windows80.jsproj]

0 Kudos
Ryan_F_Intel1
Employee

A fix has been put in place.  Please try again.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Ryan> Great! The Windows build works now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Samuel_K_
Beginner

is there any prediction for insertion of the Framework Onsen UI? -

http: //onsen.io/

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

No prediction available. We do not add every framework to the XDK. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can use that framework manually, you are not required to use App Designer to create your UI. Simply create a blank Cordova+HTML5 app and build the app using your editor or the built-in Brackets editor. Download the JS files you need and include them in your project. Reference the JS libraries locally, not via a CDN on the net.

0 Kudos
Adam_L_1
Beginner

Hello,
I've got problem in this version. When I want build (upload) project I recieved:

xdk:server (1430315689951): Unexpected component failure during service call (maybe crash): Error: ENOENT, open 'c:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python27\xdk-3028q3vidls.zip'
Error: ENOENT, open 'c:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python27\xdk-3028q3vidls.zip'
    at Error (native)
From previous event:
    at writeFilesToArchive (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\components\server\zip-util\zip-util.js:17:712)
    at makeBundle (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\components\server\zip-util\zip-util.js:17:60)
    at C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\private\service\http-wrappers.js:17:1771
    at callbacks (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:161:37)
    at param (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:135:11)
    at pass (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:142:5)
    at Router._dispatch (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:170:5)
    at Object.router (C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:33:10)

I'm using Windows 8 64bit.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Do you get this when you press Build on a platform (which platform?) and then press 'upload project' ?

Can you post a screen capture of the error?

Is this for all projects, or just 1? Which one?

0 Kudos
Adam_L_1
Beginner

It is whan I click every "Upload project" in test and build tab.

Screen in attachment

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I assume you are connected to the internet?

Is something (firewall/proxy) blocking the XDK?

Has it ever worked on this machine for you?

What version of the XDK are you running?

Where the path to the app you are working with? local drive?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There's something odd about the ENOENT error line (which means "file or directory not found" error). The error message is reporting two directory paths as if they were one:

Error: ENOENT, open 'c:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python27\xdk-3028q3vidls.zip'

Note the semi-colon ';' in the midst of the path. I'll ask engineering if this makes sense.

I was just helping someone else who had what smells to me like a similar problem. See this comment and see if it applies to your situation: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/551272#comment-1823263

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Engineering did a little test and it looks like perhaps your TEMP environment variable is bad.

Here's an example of a zip file that was created when building a test project:
file:///c:/Users/<userid>/AppData/Local/Temp/xdk-8468fjts2mo.zip

Is it possible that your TEMP environment variable looks like this:
c:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python27

You can display your TEMP environment variable by typing the following at a DOS prompt:
> echo %TEMP%

What do you see when you inspect your TEMP environment variable?

0 Kudos
Adam_L_1
Beginner

echo %TEMP%
C:\Users\Mateusz\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\Python27

I remove ";C:\Python27" and it's working now. Thank you!

0 Kudos