Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

backup source code

Yonas_H_
Beginner
Good day Two months back someone broke into my house and stole my computer. With it i have lost three years worth of work, Apps and Websites. I didn't have any back up of my works. I am contacting this forum to find out if there is a way i can recover the lost works either from Intel Servers or from the .apk files. Thank you Yonas
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Yonas,

Take a look at this post:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/app-framework/topic/613390

Good luck!

Diego

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yonas -- if you have the APK files you can also open them and extract your source code. An APK is simply a ZIP file, rename it to ZIP and unzip.

0 Kudos
Yonas_H_
Beginner

Hello Paul F.

I loged in to App center as you suggested and found the list of the Apps. The only icon next to them is the delete icon. Try to find a way around it but no luck. At the begining of the Intel App Center page it says you can find your files once you logged in into Intel XDK, but even there it is not accesible. I would appriciate any extra guidance.

Unfortunately i couldn't find the APK files i had.

Yonas

P.S : Diego thank you for the lead to Paul's post.

0 Kudos
Ian_C_
Beginner

Hi

Are they published apps?

If so try downloading the APK files from the Google Play Store using something like "DirectAPK Downloader" (It's a Google Chrome extension)

Once you have the APK files, rename them to ZIP files and your www folder should be inside the ZIP file.

Ian

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yonas -- that is a recent change to App Center that you are seeing. If you go to the Build tab in the XDK you can download the last successful build (if it was in the last 30 days) from the build tiles. If that does not work, you can make a request by sending an email with this email form (https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/xdkissue/) and we might be able to retrieve a source bundle from your account. You need to use the email address for the same email account that you use to log into the XDK in order to insure authenticity of the request and receive replies.

0 Kudos