Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

cannot connect registration center while installing

roddur
Beginner

Hi,

I have made a new registration in intel for non-commercial license of Parallel Studio XE 2013 SP1 Update 1 for Linux. 

while I tried to install via the online installer, I get:

Checking Intel(R) Software Development Products Registration Center availability... [failed]

and asks me to check connection, proxy and firewall port 80 and 443.

As far as I understand, 80 and 443 is open, otherwise, I cant post this to the forum :D

I have also  tried offline installer(oops, thats really HUGE), that prompts:

Installation program failed to establish internet connection for activation. You
will now be taken to offline activation steps. 

and directs me to  https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/remoteactivation.aspx , where it says

"Thank you for your purchase of Intel® Software Development Products"!!!  

Oops! I don't want to BUY it, as I am completely eligible for non-commercial use.

Any help please?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Andrea_P_2
Beginner

I have the same problem from yesterday, i can not activate the products.It seems that theIntelRegistration Centersiteisunreachable.Thisis the errorit gives me:

Server Error in '/RegCenter' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Google Traduttore per il Business:Translator ToolkitTraduttore di siti webStrumento a supporto dell'export

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Please try again today.  We had a downtime this weekend.  If problems continue, please let me know.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner

Hi James,

This is what I am experiencing today. I have just tested after receiving your comment and it is still same.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

The Intel® Registration Center indicates that you bought it, even though this is a non-commercial license.  Have you tried installing with the license file?  I'm resending that to you in case you don't have it handy.

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner

Hi James,

I got the mail you send, but without any attachment (what we used to have as a .lic file).

And, I have not BOUGHT it, just downloaded without paying anything. May be this is equivalent? 

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner

Oops, posted too soon. 

If, buying non-commercial license (which is free) is equivalent of purchasing it,  may I try generating an activation code from the link I posted above?

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Yes, as I said, the text says that you bought it, obtaining a non-commercial license is equivalent.

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner

ok...thanks

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner

Just found that ofline installer is working fine, without requiring the code. license key is enough, as it should be.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Great!  I'm glad it's working now.

0 Kudos
Anupam_J_
Beginner

Dear all

I have download the student version of parallel_studio_xe_2015_update3 from the link provided by intel through mail (anjha@tezu.ernet.in). I am getting the following error when I am trying to install that package after giving the provided serial no-

"Installation program failed to establish internet connection for activation."

I have tried several times from last 20days.

Kindly provide the solution.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

I've sent you the license file which you can use for product activation when not having an active internet connection.. Pls. choose option 'Alternative activation... > Use license file'.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Santiago_I_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I'm behind an HTTP proxy and not able to activate using my serial number.

How could I download a license file for offline activation?

Cheers,

Santiago.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello Santiago,

License file was sent. Please use it for it for Alternative activation.

Devorah
Intel®Developer Support

0 Kudos
Charles_C_1
Beginner

Hi, 

I share the same situation with Santiago I.. The host server only has access to the Internet via an HTTP proxy, but I find it is not able to activate the parallel studio. 

Could you please sent me the license file for offline activation? Thanks!

Regards.

Charles

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Charles, I sent your license file via private message.

0 Kudos
bruno_l_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have qualified for student version of  Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2016. I'm having the same problem as Santiago and Charles with activation of the product since I have also Internet connection via an HTTP proxy.

Is it possible to get the license file for offline activation? Many thanks! 

Best regards,

Bruno L.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

If you are able to connect to the Intel Registration Center, you may be able to download your own license file. Log in with your credentials, identify the product in the product list, select it and click on Manage to find and download your license file.

However, if you have a new 2016 named user license, you will have to generate the license file manually. Please refer to: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

If you still need help, please post a private message with your email address and serial number.

Regards,

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved. If you have a similar issue please start a new thread to ensure you will be helped in a timely manner.

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos