Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

cannot run GDB-MIC

Krátký__Michal
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am unable to debug Xeon Phi code. I am using Intel Parallel Studio 2015 and its debugger. Specifically I am not able to run gdb-mic.

I follow these steps

source compilervars.sh intel64
gdb-mic

I get following error. "gdb-mic: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

The missing libraries are found at

/opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/k1om-mpss-linux/lib64/libtinfo.so.5.9
/opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/k1om-mpss-linux/lib64/libtinfo.so.5
/opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/lib/libtinfo.so.5.9
/opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/lib/libtinfo.so.5

Thank you for help,

Pavel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Evan_P_Intel
Employee

No, no, definitely don't copy or link from a file beneath /opt/mpss into /lib64; at best, it won't work.

• /opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/k1om-mpss-linux/lib64/libtinfo.so.5.9 is for a different processor architecture than your host ("k1om," binutils' name for Xeon Phi's instruction set architecture). A copy or link of this file into /lib64 will simply be ignored.
  • /opt/mpss/3.4.1/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/lib/libtinfo.so.5.9 is for the x86-64 architecture, but was linked against a version of GLIBC that is probably different than the version your distribution uses. A copy or link of this file into /lib64 may cause mismatched symbol version errors.

What you need to do is install the version of libtinfo.so provided by your Linux distribution vendor. On RHEL or similar, something like "yum install ncurses-libs" should do the trick.

Assuming that's the problem, of course.

0 Kudos
Krátký__Michal
New Contributor I

Hello Evan,

thank you for your advice. I am using SLES 11 SP3. Ncurses is installed but there was no libtinfo inside. But I managed to find a workaround by simply linking

sudo ln -s /lib64/libncurses.so.5.6 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5
sudo ln -s /lib/libncurses.so.5.6 /lib/libtinfo.so.5

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos