cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giovanni_S_
Beginner

cordova - ionic - deviceraady event

Hi,

in a project using Intel xdk, Cordova, Ionic, it seems there is a problem with the deviceready event: it seems that code was executed before the device was ready. I think the problem is how I write my custom code: in a separated custom js file (where I stored all the js code using ionic) linked from the index.html file of the project.

My custom js file (where I put all my custom code, linked from index.html) starts with somethings like this:

var myApp = angular.module('myApp', ['ionic','ngCordova']);

(myApp matchs with the ng-app directive in index.html)

After, I configured $StateProvider, controller etc...

Is this the right way of using Intel XDK?

If yes, how Intel XDK environment can run my code after the cordova deviceready event?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pamela_H_Intel

Giovanni,

There are 2 ready events that are important and either one can finish first. The device needs to be ready and the DOM needs to be loaded.

Take a look at the following example where the app.Ready event ensures that both the DOM and device are ready and then triggers initEvent (where you can call your code):

Samples and Demos -> General -> HTML5 + Cordova (tab) -> Blank Cordova Starter App, particularly how the initEvents function is invoked after the app.Ready event occurs (look at www/js/app.js, www/js/init-app.js, and www/xdk/init-dev.js)

This sample is well-commented and hopefully will help you.

Pamela