Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

how to do person tracking with r200 standing on end

zhao_x_
Beginner

Our application require  r200 to placed vertically(the side with camera up),that is 90 degree rotation from normal. In this mode,how can I use the PersonTracking module to detect person?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Currently RealSense SDK person tracking module ONLY supports R200 placed horizontally. You can rotate the raw stream 90 before feed to person tracking MW. Thanks!

0 Kudos
zhao_x_
Beginner

How can I rotate the raw stream 90 before feed to person tracking MW? I can not find any function or code in sdk manual or sample code. Can you give me the key to find it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Keith_B_1
Beginner

Wow, this has been asked repeatedly in different ways across the forum by multiple users with no clarification, me being one of them. How do you rotate the very raw feed before it gets to the middleware? Is there a resource somewhere on how to do this? You make it sound so easy, but multiple people grinding through the code have asked this with no solution in sight. Can you give a few lines of code on exactly how this would be done, as opposed to just repeatedly saying it can easily be done and then ignoring the followups?

0 Kudos
Keith_B_1
Beginner

As it says here, the algorithms you wouldn't expect to work with rotation (face, gesture tracking etc), break upon rotation. See https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_advanced_working_with_screen_rotation.html

That's no surprise. The easiest fix would be to enable rotation change of the raw feed in the device member functions. Nearly everything else is depicted as an option here: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?member_functions_neutral_device_pxccapture.html

I realize that this might conflict with the resolution width and height defaults, but it seems to hold a lot more priority over the myriad of other options that are allowed to be changed at the camera level, and it wouldn't be hard to reference the device settings upon initialization. It would be awesome if we could get this feature in the next update.

Thanks!

0 Kudos