Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_C_
Beginner
87 Views

iOS Build Failed on XDK 3088

Jump to solution

Prior to upgrade to XDK 3088 my application was building fine for Android and iOS

I've now upgraded to XDK 3088 and the Android app builds but iOS FAILS :-(

When I first opened XDK 3088 I was prompted to upgrade my project which I did.
I was also prompted to visit the project settings.

I selected Cordova CLI Version 5.1.1 as I read somewhere that was better than 5.4.1 for iOS apps???
I set the iOS Target Initial at 8.0 but now 9.0 (as I thought that was the problem)
My provision files are still valid from before the upgrade

I went into the Dev Certificates and upgraded my legacy certs as per the XDK Video Tutorial.

So now when I try to build the iOS app I get the following error.

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

What dependencies have I missed?

I checked the plugins (which also got upgraded when I select the Cordova Version

cordova-plugin-splashscreen - v2.1.0
cordova-plugin-file - v.2.1.0
cordova-plugin-inappbrowser - v1.1.0
cordova-plugin-network-information - v1.1.0
cordova-plugin-device - v1.1.0

I've not changed these version, they were selected when I choose the cordova version.  Should they be something different?

Please what am I missing?

 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
87 Views

Can you attach your detailed build log so we can look at that? It may have a clue as to what is not working. Some people have had to create a new set of iOS certs to get working with 3088.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
88 Views

Can you attach your detailed build log so we can look at that? It may have a clue as to what is not working. Some people have had to create a new set of iOS certs to get working with 3088.

View solution in original post

Ian_C_
Beginner
87 Views

Do you want the full log posted on this page?

Or sent to you via email?

It's a long log file :-)

Ian_C_
Beginner
87 Views

Hi

Ok today I did the following.

* Deleted any uploaded project source
* Created a brand new "Production" App Store/Ad Hoc certificate in apple dev center
* Updated my provisioning profile to use the new cert
* Downloaded the cert and added to XDK
* Downloaded the new profile and stored in my www folder
* Updated the build settings to use the new cert and new profile

Build now works. yay!!!

I have no idea why the old cert didn't work.  I initially tried using the "xdk converted" cert.
But that failed.

So I tried downloading the existing Cert from Apple and the provisioning profile again
But that failed doing the same procedure as above just with the existing certs freshly downloaded

So strange how generating a new cert and profile worked.  But hey it works :-)

 

Reply