17060 Discussions

iOS Build Fails CLI 4.12

K_shin
Beginner

The bottom of the build build log looks like this:

Signing Identity:     "iPhone Distribution: David Gendron (X92H955AFG)"
Provisioning Profile: "MemorizeItAdHoc2015-10-01"
                      (5a9c4dc4-2335-4f55-8f52-f50c4b8be764)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 8889015AA95C18D6C6B8AAE4AFDD0A07A38D9FE3 --resource-rules=.../kshinentmemorizeit/platforms/ios/build/device/MemorizeIt!.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements .../kshinentmemorizeit/platforms/ios/build/MemorizeIt!.build/Release-iphoneos/MemorizeIt!.build/MemorizeIt!.app.xcent .../kshinentmemorizeit/platforms/ios/build/device/MemorizeIt!.app
8889015AA95C18D6C6B8AAE4AFDD0A07A38D9FE3: no identity found
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CodeSign build/device/MemorizeIt!.app
(1 failure)
Command finished with error code 65: .../kshinentmemorizeit/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../kshinentmemorizeit/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/4.1.2/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

As per another post on here the "no identity found" would suggest that the Provisioning Profiles don't match the Certificate. So I went to my apple account and built a new Certificate from a new CSR from the XDK Build System then generated two new provisioning profiles based on that certificate. One for adhoc and one for app store. Unfortunately I'm still getting the build error per above.  Could it be the ! in my app name, it has caused issues before but not for a long time. Could it be that it's a new Certificate (also uploaded in the build system and the provisioning profiles added in the Project section.

I am able to build for Android with no problems.

Thanks for your help!

K'shin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
K_shin
Beginner

I moved the Certificate file into my working directory (same as the provisioning profiles) and re-uploaded it from there.  It errored out early during the first build, but the subsequent build worked.

Hope this helps someone else!

Cheers,
K'shin

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

K'shin -- are you saying that when you uploaded the new certificate into the XDK you had to locate it in your www directory to insert the new certificate into your account? Or do you mean that you need to place that certificate file in your www directory when you do the build to make the build succeed?

0 Kudos