Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

iPhone 6 with iOS 9 = app crashed

Renato_B_
Beginner

Does Intel XDK not support iOS 9? I built an IPA (adhoc) using Intel XDK/Crosswalk and I tested after in my iPhone 6 with iOS9 and the app crashed. I have looked in the build settings and the iOS target version option I have not found a 9 version option (only goes until 8). Someone else with the same problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Tony_J_
New Contributor I

hm... it works for me so most likely the problem could be plugin-related or something else.
I'm testing my app on both iphone 6 and 6s with ios9 built with the latest xdk

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

A doubt: in the "iOS target version" of your intel XDK has a 9 version option? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Renato -- that iOS target version is the minimum iOS target. You can build an app that will run on iOS 9 by selecting a lower target number.

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

Hi Paul

I chose the version 6 and my app still crashed. After the iOS update, my app has worked with no problems. I used the Construct 2 to create it and only 2 plugins: phonegap_screen_orientation and phonegap IAP. How could I do to find the problem if it is not in intel XDK?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Try removing your 3rd party plugins, upload, build, install. Does it still crash?

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

Ok John. I have removed the IAP phonegap plugin and the app doesn't crash anymore. But I need to use this plugin. What I can do?

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

The iOS team sent me the log. Can I post it here?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, you can post the log here. If you want to keep the log private post using the "Send Author A Message" link. I recommend you send the message to John (use that link on one of his posts and it will send to him) because he's much more expert at iOS than I. Then, attach it using the "Add Media" button below the message edit window. Do not change the text inside the "Subject" or the "Forum Topic" fields to be sure this private message stays attached to this thread (funky bug in the forum), that way other support personnel can get to the message is someone else needs to work with you.

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

Thanks, Paul

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you provide a link to the plugin?

Which CLI are you targeting, 4.1.2 or 5.1.1?

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

Hi John

I sent the link by PM.

0 Kudos
Dwight_B_1
Beginner

I don't know right off hand which version of Cordova XDK uses, but if you're targeting ios9 for something specific, you might want to checkout this link:

http://community.phonegap.com/nitobi/topics/phonegap-build-ios-9-support-status

ryan (Developer) 7 days ago

PhoneGap Build iOS 9 Support Status 

iOS 9 is not officially supported until Cordova-iOS 4.0.0, which the Cordova team is hard at work on. However some issues can be solved with some simple configuration changes. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The reference to using CLI 5.2.0 is not possible with our system, at this time, because we do not yet support it. The key difference between 5.1.1 and 5.2.0 is the version of Cordova-iOS being used. In our implementation of 5.1.1 we support Cordova-iOS 3.8.0. Whereas, in CLI 5.2.0, the version of Cordova-iOS is 3.9.1. I don't know if this Cordova-iOS framework version difference is significant, since we have people running apps on iOS9 with both Cordova-iOS 3.7.0 and 3.8.0. As @darbour says, official support for iOS9 won't be available until the Cordova project releases a version of CLI that includes support for Cordova-iOS 4.0.

0 Kudos