mysticbob
Beginner
hi, i'm trying to install an eval version of intel parallel studio on:
* windows 7 / 64 bit
* visual studio 2010 express
but the installer fails with a dialog saying:
--
Intel Parallel Studio installation will end
Microsoft Visual Studio* software is not installed on this system.
Installation will end because this product must integrate with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2005 or 2008 software.
Suggestion: Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 software on this system, or install this product on a compliant system.
Microsoft Visual Studio* software is not installed on this system.Installation will end because this product must integrate with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2005 or 2008 software.Suggestion: Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 software on this system, or install this product on a compliant system.
--
i actually have visual studio 2010 and 2008 installed.
ideas how to get past this?
thanks,
bob
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Huseyin_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi,
Are you trying to install Intel Parallel Studio first release or service pack 1 (SP1)?

For Windows 7 support please use Parallel Studio SP1. At the moment, Intel Parallel Studio doesn't integrate into Visual Studio 2010 but the next major Intel Parallel Studio version will.

Assuming you are using SP1, if Visual Studio 2008 is already installed then Parallel Studio should have proceeded with the installation. It sounds like the installer is failing to find Visual Studio 2008.

Paralllel Studio creates installation log files under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp directory. The file names are something like the following: parallel_studio_install_Log_xyz.log.

Could you please share these files with us?

Thanks
Levent
0 Kudos
mysticbob
Beginner
hi levent,
>Are you trying to install Intel Parallel Studio first release or service pack 1 (SP1)?
SP1
> Assuming you are using SP1, if Visual Studio 2008 is already installed then Parallel Studio should have
> proceeded with the installation. It sounds like the installer is failing to find Visual Studio 2008.
correct: i have vs2008 and vs2010 installed. the IPS/SP1 install fails to find either.
> Paralllel Studio creates installation log files under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp directory. The file
> names are something like the following: parallel_studio_install_Log_xyz.log.
> Could you please share these files with us?

attached, thanks,
bob
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
The Parallel Studio requires VS2005 or 2008 standard edition or above.

I saw you have VS2010 express, so I'm wondering if you have VS2008 express as well.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Please do let us know if your issue is because of the express edition issue.

At the same time I'm transfering you to another forum for start up issues.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos