Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

intel composer vs separate C,C++ and Fortran packages

Alain_S_
Beginner

Our organization currently has licensed both the C,C++ and Fortran products. What is the difference between the separate products and the single Intel Composer XE product? If there is no difference, is it possible to download just the Composer product which (I assume) contains everything and can be installed together in one operation? I can only see the separate products listed in my profile page.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Alain,

The C/C++ and Fortran Composer products do not contain anything that is not in the full Composer XE product (unless you have the Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE with IMSL*).  If you have purchased the products separately, the Intel® Registration Center will only link to the individual products.  I will check to see if the Composer XE installer could be used in this situation.  Please send me (via private message) the serial numbers associated with your products, so I can verify that the two could match.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Alain,

Thank you for sending the serial numbers.  Unfortunately, the Composer XE product does not offer a single download of both compilers.  A single installer is not available until you upgrade to Parallel Studio XE or Cluster Studio XE.  When your renewal time approaches, you could consider upgrading to Composer XE at that time in order to simplify your renewal process (especially since your licenses do not expire at the same time) and possibly reduce the cost.  If you want to explore this further, I can have one of our Business Development Managers contact you.  Please let me know if you want to do this.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Alain,

Did you want to pursue combining the licenses any further?

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos