Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_D_2
Beginner

license for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016

We have purchased the latest edition of intel parallel studio xe, but need to use and older version (2016) which i have downloaded already, but need to use it on an offline system. On the license center page there is no edit option to put in the hostid of the system that it will be running on. Can someone get in contact with me about generating a new license with the correct hostid for an offline installation? 

thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zhuowei_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, can you please go to the Intel Registration Center (registrationcenter.intel.com/) to change your host ID of the license. Thanks.

Zhuowei,

Michael said he couldn't change the hostID of the license on the registration center.

Michael, if you're still having problems, due to the individual nature of the problem, please submit a ticket to the Online Service Center. I'm currently on support duty there, so if you submit it soon, I'll pick your ticket up and help you there. Please remember to check the box indicating that it's related to licensing and registration.

- Alex

Michael_D_2
Beginner

That is correct Alexadra, there was no icon to change the HOSTID in the registration center (even though i went through the FAQ docs, and it said there should be a "pencil" icon to edit the HOSTID). 

I have just submitted a ticket to the Online Service center, and made sure i checked the box to indicate i was having a license issue. 

Thanks!

Mike

Just an update for anyone else following this thread:

We've dealt with this issue on the online service center. As it turns out, this is a brand new Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition license; we recently changed to using a system-unlocked license configuration for Cluster Edition licenses, meaning that there's no need or capability to register hostIDs. As this issue has been dealt with, I'm now going to close this thread.

If you have a general question, please start a new thread. If you have an individual problem (rule of thumb - is it likely we're going to ask what serial number you're having problems with? If so, it's probably an individual problem) or a bug to report, please submit a ticket on the online service center.

Remember, if your issue is related to licenses and registration, please be sure to tick that checkbox when you're submitting an OSC ticket; otherwise it will not be routed to the correct people and we may be delayed in answering you.