Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 ディスカッション

license problem with Visual Fortran

mike_s_
ビギナー
791件の閲覧回数

I purchased Visual Fortran composer as a "single user" over a year ago and am just now getting it installed.  When i open the Intel Software manager, under the "Licenses" tab I have two products, Intel math kernel library and Visual fortran composer.  Both of them have a blue "activate" button that can be clicked, which brings up a window to enter my serial number.   After I enter the SN, I get a popup box with "unknown error!  Please restart Intel Software Manager to activate your product".  Restarting the manager doesn't seem to help.

any comments?

0 件の賞賛
8 返答(返信)
Hubert_H_Intel
従業員
791件の閲覧回数

Remote activation services are not supported for expired licenses. So I guess this is the reason for the problem since the 'Activate' button tries to activate a local installation remotely. But since you obviously have installed your products already the license is being properly installed and you don't need to activate your licenses via the Intel Software Manager. Is your Fortran Compiler running? If yes, please ignore the message from the Software Manager.

Does this help?

Regards, Hubert.

mike_s_
ビギナー
791件の閲覧回数

Hubert,

thanks for the reply.  I'm a novice, so bear with me.

The only Intel listing at the Windows "start" tab is for "Intel Parallel Studio XE" with subtabs for Intel Software Manger, Getting Started, Documentation, and Tutorials.  I had assumed that to "run" the compiler, I would use the Software Manager tab, which is how i got to the "activate" buttons i described.  so probably a bad assumption on my part.  Any quick advice on how to check if the compiler is working?

Hubert_H_Intel
従業員
791件の閲覧回数

You should have also a Command Prompt sub-tab under Intel Parallel Studio XE. So it looks like you haven't installed (correctly) your compiler.

So please login to the Intel(R) Registration Center at https://registrationcenter.intel.com , click on the "Show Expired Registration" checkbox, click the download link (2nd column) for the Visual Fortran Composer XE and download the product. According to your support subscriptions you should be able to download version 2013.

If you need help in login/downloading/installing, let me know.

If you managed to download your product, run the installer (double-click on the downloaded .exe file) following all instructions. If a compiler (even incomplete) is already installed, choose 'Repair' or 'Modify' options.

Hubert.

mike_s_
ビギナー
791件の閲覧回数

Hubert,

I downloaded the installer.  When I run it, at the "welcome" step, i get the message below:

The Intel(R) Debugger Extension for Intel(R) MIC Architecture can not be installed
Installation can continue; however, Intel(R) Debugger Extension for Intel(R) MIC Architecture will not be installed because it requires that Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012 or 2013 be installed. Refer to the Release Notes for more details.

Do I first need to install MS VS?  How do i go about that?  Or should I select next and proceed.  I think that is what i did the first time i installed, so this might be the source of the problem.

TimP
名誉コントリビューター III
791件の閲覧回数

You would require an Intel(r) Xeon Phi(tm) coprocessor to make use of MIC debugging; otherwise this message seems of little interest. 

If you are developing only for Fortran on host (no C or C++, no MIC), you should find the Visual Studio Shell included with ifort sufficient.  That would be the full installer, not the one with no_vsshell in the name.

You can obtain 90 day trials of qualifying VS Pro by searching for them on Microsoft site, in case you want to see the additional capabilities Of course they will invite you to pay up to avoid expiration.

mike_s_
ビギナー
791件の閲覧回数

Hello Hubert/Tim,

I've now got the intel compiler working.  I'm collaborating with a colleague on this project.  He's written a large code (called Helios) that i'm now trying to use.  He does most of his work in Compaq fortran, but since that wasn't available I purchased Intel.  Here's the issue:

Start Intel parallel studio:  from the window that opens, select "open project".  Navigate to Helios Fortran folder, select "helios.sln"

the "Visual Studio conversion wizard" pops up, says the solution or project you are opening must be converted.  i assume this is because my colleague created it with an older version (either Compaq or 2008 version of Intel)  One comment there is "ensure that all files have read/write permissions".  The file that it appears to want to convert is called "Helios.vfproj"; when i check the properties on that file, read-only is NOT checked, so I assume that means it DOES have read/write permission.  The conversion report shows that the vfproj file was not converted; i've attached the report and the helios.vfproj file.  can you help?

I've got a fairly important deadline coming wrt this project.  Is there a paid option I can sign up for that includes direct phone support?

another point:  from within MSVS, i navigated to the helios.vfproj file directly, and opened it.  it does show a list of files in the 'solution explorer".  This seems to indicate that it is working.  Again,, i'd be willing to pay for phone support if that is possible.

Hubert_H_Intel
従業員
791件の閲覧回数

Mike,

I cannot do more evaluations since I do not have the complete solution. If the conversion report issued that the vfproj was not converted this may mean that a conversion was not required. I think that's the case since I can load the project file with the newest Visual Studio 2013.

You said that the compiler is working. Do you see issue in building the solution or what's actually the problem?

Hubert.

Hubert_H_Intel
従業員
791件の閲覧回数

Hi Mike,

Do you still need help from my side?

Hubert.

返信