Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

network routing

Gianluca_I_1
Beginner

hi, I'm making an app where you used to connect to a wireless device (which is an access point or a router , is a sensor ) ; I need to force the connection to the internet through the use of 3g / 4g ; all mobile devices ( and tablet ) using default wifi , ignoring the 3g / 4g ; There is something for route connection statically to the 3g / 4g is active even when the Wifi ?

salve, sto realizzando un'app dove è utilizzata la connessione wifi verso un device (che non è un access point o un router, è un sensore); avrei bisogno di forzare la connessione verso internet mediante l'utilizzo del 3g/4g; tutti i device mobili (e tablet) utilizzano di default il wifi,  ignorando il 3g/4g; esiste qualcosa per routare la connessione in modo statico verso il 3g/4g anche quando è attivo il Wifi ?  Gianluca.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is nothing built into Cordova that I am aware of that would allow you to force the network connection to take the mobile data path, rather than the wifi path. This is something that is controlled by the device OS, and which is usually hidden from applications so they do not have to care about the network route.

My guess is you would need to write a Cordova plugin to get this control, but I don't know if it's entirely possible. I know there are apps that you can use to test your wifi and mobile connection status and signal strength, but I've never seen one of them provide the ability to force a data connection through one of these paths. The only thing I can think of is finding a way to disable the wifi channel, which would then force the network connection through the mobile data path. But I suspect this is a system-protected switch, because forcing the use of the mobile data path means you are potentially causing a user to spend money on data usage (this would be the general system assumption, even if it is not true for your case).

I recommend you see if you can find a plugin that either allows redirecting the network path or one that allows you to enable and disable the wifi channel. In the worst case you might have to include something in your app that instructs the user to disable the wifi, with instructions on how to do that.

0 Kudos