Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

"Parallel Lint" description

AndreyKarpov
New Contributor I

Please tell me where I can find the list and the description with examples of all the diagnostic messages which Intel C++ Parallel Lint analyzer can give out? I know about separate examples in the articles, about the example parallel_lint.zip included in the installer etc. But where and how can I explore the detailed description and examples to all the messages?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee
Hi Andrey,

Presently, there's no such list in our current product release, other than what's presented inthe compiler documentation under Parallel Lint section.But, we are developing description and examples for all messages, planned as of now for our next major release. Will keep you updated as soon as the release containing such a list is out. Appreciate your patience till then.

-regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos
dhaval_shah
Beginner
Hi Andrey,

Presently, there's no such list in our current product release, other than what's presented inthe compiler documentation under Parallel Lint section.But, we are developing description and examples for all messages, planned as of now for our next major release. Will keep you updated as soon as the release containing such a list is out. Appreciate your patience till then.

-regards,
Kittur

Hi,

This is Dhaval Shah. I am Master's student at San Jose State University.

Right now, I am doing study on static analysis tool for OpenMP. Can I have white paper on Intel Parallel Lint, which describes how you implement Parallel Lint? Also, Where this tool fails? Can I have brief desciption regarding the tool?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dhaval Shah
0 Kudos
AndreyKarpov
New Contributor I
Quoting - dhaval.shah

Right now, I am doing study on static analysis tool for OpenMP. Can I have white paper on Intel Parallel Lint, which describes how you implement Parallel Lint? Also, Where this tool fails? Can I have brief desciption regarding the tool?

This is not an answer to your question, but perhaps the following article would be interesting to you:

Andrey Karpov. An unsuccessful attempt to compare PVS-Studio (VivaMP) and Intel C/C++ ("Parallel Lint")

0 Kudos