Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

terms of use/ disclaimer

re_s_
Beginner

Hi, i am making a medical app with information about a number of symptoms.
It is almost done, thus i must add the "terms of use"
since it is a medical app, i need to add something like this:
"The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions"

i like the idea of a popup with the terms and an "i agree" button every time a user opens the app.
but some users would find it very annoying.
So can you please share your thoughts or recommendations with me?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

1. You can do a check box saying that I have read the terms and I agree something like that and then submit button.

2. Or you can take them to a different page so that they can do the same.

These are my thoughts.

0 Kudos
re_s_
Beginner

Thank you so much amrita.
since it is a medical app, is it enough to add a "i have read the terms" check box?

where can i find directions? i need to make sure that i will not get into trouble if someone misuses my app :)

thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We cannot provide advice to you regarding licensing and legal terms for your app. You should consult with an appropriate legal representative familiar with the intended use of your app or with a trade group that is appropriate to the usage of the app.

Sorry, but this is not a legal advice forum.

0 Kudos
re_s_
Beginner

Hi Paul, thanks for your response once again.
i need ideas and directions from people who have faced this before, maybe someone could share a useful link or a thought.

regards

0 Kudos