Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

trial license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2017

Charlene_Y_
Beginner

Hi, 

I just downloaded a trial version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* 2017 but while installing it, a license is required. 

Where should I go to get one? 

Seems like some people got one by asking in here.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Charlene 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

You should be able to log in to Intel Registration Center (registrationcenter.intel.com) and download a license file.
Please try and let me know if you have any problem to log in. Note that I also sent you a license file to your email

0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

Here are some more details on how you can get it yourself in future:
Login in to the Intel® Registration Center by entering your login ID and password. You will see a list of your products. Select the desired product from the list. You will be taken to the Subscription History page. Click Mange to view the license(s) associated with the serial number. Click on email icon to send yourself a license file.

0 Kudos
Charlene_Y_
Beginner

Thanks Igor for your help. I have obtained a license. :)

Was also just wondering if our normal compiler license would work or not? We have a floating license for intel compilers and possibly an old vtune version (at least I heard) on our clusters. I think they came in a package with the machine. 

0 Kudos
Charlene_Y_
Beginner

Hi Igor,

Would it be possible to extend my trial license for another month? or should I register for a new one? I wasted some time while setting it up on our Cray and now have just started playing with it, the license is expiring. :( 

Thanks.

Charlene

0 Kudos