Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

web license validation?

jwock
Beginner
I'm a newbie at this, so hopefully my question has a simple answer. I would like to purchase a single license and use it on different machines that are not networked together via a LAN. Is there a way to have each use validated via the web, or something similar?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - jwock
I'm a newbie at this, so hopefully my question has a simple answer. I would like to purchase a single license and use it on different machines that are not networked together via a LAN. Is there a way to have each use validated via the web, or something similar?

Hello,

A single user license would allow you to install using the same license on multiple machines as long as you are the only user of the software on those machines. If others use the software, then either the other users would need their own license or you could purchase a floating license for multiple users.

Chuck
0 Kudos
jwock
Beginner
Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Hello,

A single user license would allow you to install using the same license on multiple machines as long as you are the only user of the software on those machines. If others use the software, then either the other users would need their own license or you could purchase a floating license for multiple users.

Chuck
thanks Chuck. How does the floating license work? Is it a hardware key or can it be activated over the web by each user?
0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - jwock
thanks Chuck. How does the floating license work? Is it a hardware key or can it be activated over the web by each user?

Hello,
The floating license file can be generated through the web while registering in Intel Registration Center.
The person who is registering the licenseis entitled to fill or change host information.
Did this help?

Thank you.
Regards,
Lina
0 Kudos
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - jwock

The floating license would allow a number of users to use the product at the same time. The number of users is determined by the license purchased. You can purchase a 1 seat, 5 seat and so on.

The license is activated by one person when the serial number is registered with the Intel Registration Center. you would then install the license ona license server using the Intel License Manager. Your users would then install the Intel software product on their individual systems. It doesn't matter how many users install the software. The license will then limit the number of users that can use the software at any one time. The license server will check out licenses to the users, up to the number of seats purchased.

Keep in mind that when using a floating license, the users must be attached to the same network as the license server.

The advantage to single user licenses is that they can be used independantly and do not require network connection to a server.

Let me know if you need more information.

Chuck
0 Kudos