Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
322 Discussions

Failed HDD in RAID - how to replace?

AdamInLondon
Beginner

Hi sorry if this seems obvious

I have a HP Workstation with four disks using an Intel VROC

One of the four disks has failed . The workstation boots and Windows operates OK but one of the applications cannot run due to be unable to access a log fiel. I suspect the log file is on the failed disk?

The Intel gui identifies the disk and marks it as "failed" see the screenshots below.

I have a replacement HDD on the way (the workstation is under warranty)

So, do I just take the bad drive out, insert the new one and the RAID "rescues" it?

Adam.

AdamInLondon_0-1699961056954.pngAdamInLondon_1-1699961096293.png

AdamInLondon_2-1699961135821.pngAdamInLondon_3-1699961203708.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Srri
Employee

Hello Adam,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can have more details about your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the System Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

Regards, 

Srri

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hello Adam,

Regarding your case, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Srri 

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hello Adam,

Regarding your case, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Srri 

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Greetings Adam,

Kindly note that as we have not received any response from our previous follow-ups, we will be closing this request.

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank You & Regards

Srri

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos