Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Intel 900p and Windows 10 Write Caching

RBrow
Beginner

Why can't I enable Write-Caching on the 900p in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rmbrown15,

Thanks for posting your question in the Intel SSDs community.

The Write Caching feature is not supported on the Optane SSDs.

This is because the Optane technology (3D Xpoint) is different from the other NAND caching solutions. Because of this technology difference Optane has higher performance and endurance and for this reason there is no need to enable this feature in the OS because the Optane SSDs have in on its own.

Hope this information helps to clarify your question.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rmbrown15,

I would like to know if you have any additional question, or if the information provided helped to clarify your questions.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
RBrow
Beginner

No, I believe that you have answered my question. The reason that I asked in the first place, is in reference to this link from the 900p support page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006282/memory-and-storage.html Improve Write Speed Performance to Avoid System Freezing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rmbrown15,

I am glad to know I was able to assist you.

Related to the support article, this does not apply to Optane SSDs (800P, 900P and 905P) everything the article is talking about is for regular SSDs or HDDs, this is because the Optane SSDs do this procedures automatically.

It was a pleasure for me to assist you. If you have any additional question just let us know.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos