Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

14900K crashing in WOW even with 125/180

Kufbass
Beginner
I have set my power limits to many recommendations on different websites. My 14900k keeps crashing when entering into new zones on World of Warcraft. I got into a raid group last night. Go to enter the raid zone, cpu crashes. Then crashes 3 different times trying to get back into the game. Finally get in the game, and got kicked out of group. I paid good money for the 14900k. Yet it is so bad. What is Intel going to do?? Let me guess, pass the blame!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ralphmack
Beginner

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your 14900K. Here are a few things you can try to resolve this:

First, ensure your BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date. Manufacturers often release updates to address stability issues.

Next, check your CPU cooling. Overheating can cause crashes, especially during high-demand gaming. Make sure your cooler is properly installed and your thermal paste is applied correctly.

Try running your system at stock settings without any power limits. Custom settings can sometimes cause instability.

Lastly, test your RAM using a tool like MemTest86. Faulty RAM can cause crashes in demanding applications.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos