Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.
1708 Discussions

Inactive button when trying install Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

NOkay
Beginner

Hello
I have a problem, I cant install Intel® Driver & Support Assistant there just inactive "Install" button. I tried run as a administrator, still inactive.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello NOkay,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities 

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 20.11.50.9

2. Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 20.11.50.9

If the issue persists, generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Also, attach the following log files:

1. The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log
  2. The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder.

Show hidden files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NOkay
Beginner

Okay. I did 1 and 2 steps, attached the save file, found DSAUninstaller but cant find C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA the DSA folder, there's only Media Resource folder and 2 dll files within. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello NOkay,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information provided, we will use it to do further research about it on our end and we will update this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
NOkay
Beginner

So, I reinstalled Windows, now everything works.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello NOkay,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos