Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion around monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform monitoring
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Supported Model question.

Jerry_S_1
Beginner

Hello, i am jerry. 

I used to utilize the intel PCM(Performance Counter Monitoring tool) on xeon e2600V3 with haswell.

By the way, I got new board codenamed bdw called as E5-2698 V4 recently. 

However, as i ran the PCM application on ubuntu OS, PCM told me that this CPU could not support MODEL unfortunately.

as i see your release note on website, 5th generation codenamed BDW can support the PCM tool , even skylake. 

Could you please check the capability of this CPU?

thanks in advance. 

Best Regards,

Jerry 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

Intel PCM supports only processors that have been launched, or more precisely, whose documentation has been published.The desktop processors with architectures code-named "Broadwell" and "Skylake" are already commercially available, as is the Intel Xeon Processor D Family, which is also based on Broadwell architecture. However, Intel Xeon E5 processors with such architectures are not available (yet).

Kind regards

Thomas