Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion around monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform monitoring
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Triggering Of a method 2 times In Intel i7 Processors

Anil_N_1
Beginner

Hello All,

I have a very peculiar behavior while using .NET Framework 4.0. I have developed a module to send SMS,A Windows Service that triggers every 1 minute to send any SMS present in the Database using a HTTP API URL. I am Using a method from WebRequest class Webrequest.Create() using that I send my SMS.The issue arises when I deploy this in "Intel Core i7-4770", Based on the web-logs of the Server there seems to have 2 request in the interval of 1 minute. The Same Service When Deployed in "Intel Core 2 Duo E7500" Works Normally triggering 1 Web Request per minute.

string HtmlResult = MakeWebRequestGET(URL); // Method i am using

/*Its Definition*/
public  string MakeWebRequestGET(string url) //url is http api
{
            string result = String.Empty;

try
            {
                WebRequest WReq = WebRequest.Create(url);
                WebResponse wResp = WReq.GetResponse();
                StreamReader streader = new StreamReader(wResp.GetResponseStream());
                result = streader.ReadToEnd();
                streader.Close();
                wResp.Close();
            }

catch (Exception ex)
            {
                WriteLog(System.DateTime.Now.TimeOfDay.ToString().Substring(0, 5) +" ##ERROR:SENDING SMS in MakeWebRequestGET()");
                WriteLog(ex.StackTrace);
                WriteLog(ex.Message);
            }

finally
            {

}

return result; //result gives you message id
}

I am unable to Debug what is the issue. Let me know if any information is missing or any additional information is required.

Any help is appreciated.

--

Regards,

Anil Nair

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bernard
Black Belt

Could be OS issue as well. I was thinking about the possibility that timer can be responsible for your issue.

Anil_N_1
Beginner

Hi,

The timer works well in my machine "Windows 7". I have tested it in 3 to 4 machines. That includes "Windows 7" 32-bit, "Windows XP" 32-bit,

"Windows Server 2003",64-bit; In all these machines program works fine.I was thinking there is some issues in WebRequest Class implementation in .NET 4 Framework, Could you tell me how can i debug a class in .NET framework??

Thanks For You Reply. :).

--

Regards,

Anil Nair.

Bernard
Black Belt

Try to put a breakpoint n relevant method/function.