Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_S_3
Beginner

Xcode warning when building PcmMsrDriver.kext

This is my first time trying to install the IntelPerformanceCounterMonitor package.  My system is an Apple Mac Pro 6,1 (2014  model) and I am running version 10.11.6 software and Xcode version 7.3.1.  I am attempting to built version 2.11 of IPCM.  When I attempt to build PcmMsrDriver.kext I get this message:  ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_start.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.9)

I have searched all of the Xcode settings to find if I am specifying version 10.9 anywhere, but I cannot find it, all fields (that I have been able to find) referencing an OS version specify 10.11.  Since this is a kernel extension, and this system I am on has lots of important data (yes, I do have backups) I am somewhat hesitant to just drop the kernel extension and see what happens.

I will greatly appreciate any help.  Also, are there some examples of complete, operational code for Mac's using this package that I could use as a starting point for what I'm going to do?  (I simply want to grab a couple of the fixed counters and read the RAPL power information.  Might expand to a couple of other things as I get better and experiment some though.)

Charles

0 Kudos
0 Replies