Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
854 Views

4965AGN causes BSOD when connected to Sony Xperia V

Hello everyone,

I've had this Getac B300 for some years now, but it's long since seized to act as my daily driver (that role is now onto my Dell Latitude E6420.)

Laptop specs: Getac B300; Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 + the latest updates; Intel Centrino processor; 4Gb RAM; Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.

Normally, I connect to the internet through a Huawei 4G WiFi modem-router, or either of two Android phones with unlimited data plans, via their WiFi hotspot functions. Until recently, I had been using two Sony Xperia U's, and two Sony Ericsson Xperia Rays before that. A few weeks ago, I bought two new Xperia V phones - not exactly state-of-the-art, but they're all the phone I need for a very good price, with 4G connectivity!

Problem is, while the other machines play with the new phones with nary a hitch as usual, the Getac just won't play. Within a minute of connecting to the WiFi hotspot of either of the Xperia V's, I get this:

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/six-wheeler/media/assorted%20images/DSC00321.jpg.html

And after it restarts, this is the report I get:

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/six-wheeler/media/assorted%20images/DSC00322.jpg.html

I got the same issue in safe mode as well. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless driver on the Getac, but it didn't change anything. So far, the only other solution I can think of is doing a factory reset on the phones, and you know I don't wanna do that unless I absolutely have to.

I attached a debug zip file, if that can help identify the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
13 Views

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

First I would like to provide you with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22116 download link for the Intel® Proset Software v 15.3.1 which is the latest version for this wireless adapter.

Secondly, I want to share with you a couple of threads with similar discussions, you can find some workarounds from other users.

/message/193963# 193963 https://communities.intel.com/message/193963# 193963

/thread/6030?start=30&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/6030?start=30&tstart=0

Highlighted
Beginner
13 Views

Hello Joe,

Thank you and sorry for the belated reply. I was out of town for a few weeks and I had other machines to use, so I let is lay for a while. I've read a few of the posts in the links you posted, and figured I should use a little common sense. Here's how I eventually solved the problem:

That was it. It was mentioned somewhere in the Communities that our specific hardware might be having issues with 802.11n, so I figured it would make sense to just disable it and see what happens - or at least it couldn't hurt to try. So that's what I did, and Bob's your - well, my - uncle! As I write this, it's been some 20 minutes since I did that, and so far the B300 has been functioning with the Xperia V without issue.

Again, thanks.

Shady

0 Kudos