I have Gigabyte H170N wifi motherboard (purchased last week) with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 module. Initially everything worked fine -- I have a Bluetooth mouse and speakers that were paired and functioning.
Today, after rebooting, the Bluetooth radio seems to have disappeared. I've tried suggestions found on this forum, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and nothing has worked. The Bluetooth radio does not appear in device manager at all.
Do I need to return the motherboard or is there a fix?
We understand you're having issues with the Bluetooth® component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.
Here are a few things to check before replacing your motherboard:
Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.
- Check with your computer manufacturer to ensure you're running the latest BIOS as well as the latest Chipset Drivers for your system.
- http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5552# dl Gigabyte® GA-H170N-WIFI* Downloads.
- Make sure you are using the recommended Bluetooth driver from Gigabyte® Support, as second option, you can use the generic version of http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005489.html Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software and Drivers.
- Manage the Advanced Power Plan Settings of your system, and make sure that the Wireless Adapter is set to Maximum Performance, when plugged in and on battery.
- Check the BIOS settings of you PC, and disable Fastboot, or other similar technologies.
- Disable Fast Startup in Windows® 8.1 or 10 System Settings. Here are some external links explaining how to do this:
- http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html Disable Fast Startup in Windows* 8 and 8.1
- http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html Disable Fast Startup in Windows® 10
We hope this helps.
We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you. Did the troubleshooting we provided help resolve your issue?