Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7511 Discussions

A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back driver to an

SGuilts
Beginner

Some notes:

I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.

All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably (both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a WiFi scanner app).

After driver has been updated (either the update to v23.30.0 or v23.40.0), the issue happened.

Both PCs with Intel AX211 now can't connect on 6E or see any 6E channels when using the scanner software. The PC with AX210 device still can. All are using v23.40.0 driver.

I tried rollback to v23.30.0 driver but that did not help.

I have the older driver versions from the Intel website (v23.10.0, v23.20.10).

However, when I uninstall the driver from Device Manager and then try to install and older version, I get a message saying a newer version is already installed.

I have tried clicking the "Attempt to remove the driver from this device" box while uninstalling but it makes no difference.

Device Manager does not show the driver any more after install.

However, on reboot of the machine, the uninstalled driver will come back so it is still residing somewhere in the system and is getting auto-installed on reboot.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, SGuilts.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It's a wireless driver issue where the Intel AX211 cards are not functioning as expected after a driver update. Apart from updating wireless drivers, have you made any recent changes to your system such as adjustments to wireless system configurations prior to encountering the issue? And have you tried to reset the network settings? This action could help pinpoint whether any network adapters were installed and configured, potentially shedding light on the source of the problem.

Additionally, knowing your wireless model and versions is a good start, but I could still use more information about your system configuration. Please run the Intel SSU report and share the results with me so I can verify details such as OS build, driver version, errors logged at system level, etc.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, SGuilts.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos