Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AC-7260 cannot connect to enterprise WiFi networks

IW
Beginner

Hi all.

Recently acquired a Lenovo T440 that has an AC-7260. I have been unable to connect to wireless networks that use enterprise authentication (requires a username and password, which then issues a certificate).

I am able to get to the fields that allow me to enter my username and password but the connection/authentication ends/fails and never downloads the certificate. I tested on two different networks (at work and at school) with credentials that I confirmed to be valid (I tried on someone else's laptop).

I have tried on both clean installs of Win 7 and Win 8 (8.1). Tried with the full software suite for the WiFi and just the barebones driver. All failed.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi lianw, I assume you are using the latest Intel® Proset Wireless Sofware version 17.0.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

Can you comment on the encryption/authentication being used and if you tried with a different wireless driver version?

0 Kudos
IW
Beginner

Hi Joe, thanks for responding.

I have tried the driver that came with the laptop (16.x) and 17.0 and both failed.

When I use the Intel ProSet utility to connect to either network (at work or at the university) that are not working for me, the utility shows: "Only a portion of the advanced 802.1X security information was detected. The following security screens will display our best estimate."

The screen that follows shows:

Enterprise security

Network Authentication: WPA2 - Enterprise

Data Encryption: AES - CCMP

Authentication Type: PEAP

PEAP User:

Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP-V2

User Credentials: My credentials (that I have confirmed to be valid since they work on other laptops and mobile devices).

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you install the additional components/extensions offered by the Intel® Proset software installation? These components can be added by using the Change option in Programs and Features or uninstalling and reinstalling the software in custom mode.

0 Kudos
IW
Beginner

I did do that. I always go bare-bones driver for everything, but because this has been giving me so much trouble that I installed everything but it still will not connect.

It can't be the laptop itself as a coworker has reported the same issue on all T440 laptops (all part of the same batch we got from Lenovo).

He is still using the stock image (Win 7 Pro) and cannot connect to enterprise networks either.

I am on a somewhat-fresh Win 8.1 image and can't connect.

I will try using another mini PCI-E wireless NIC in my T440 and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please let me know about your findings.

0 Kudos
aabcd
Beginner

Is there some update regarding this issue ? Did someone successfully connected to WPA enterprise ?

I have no luck with Windows 8.1 or Linux and I'm probably not the http://ithelp.port.ac.uk/questions/385/Known+issues+connecting+to+the+wireless+network+(Eduroam) first one.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

pakr, you may try using any of the 16.x versions that are compatible with this wireless adapter.

The following document lists the supported adapters for each version:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034315.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software driver versions by operating system

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

lianw, it is unlikely to experience this issue across different operating systems and Intel® PROSet Software versions. I suggest you contacting the system manufacturer since your issue could be hardware related.

0 Kudos