I installed the Windows 10 Creator Update. The Intel Dual Band Wireless -AC 8260 now causes all browsers to hang shortly after reboot and use. Have tried all 19 level drivers to no avail. Had to revert to a Realtek PCIe GBE wired connection.
I see multiple issues being posted related to this. Please advise status.
We understand you system is showing connectivity issues after the Windows® 10 creators update. Please review the following items:
- Please try using the latest driver provided from your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support.
- Apply the configuration mentioned in the advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.
If the issue persists, please provide the following information:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection work fine, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.
- Access point model and firmware version.
- Are you getting full disconnection from the network, or just timeouts?
- Does the adapter detect other wireless networks?
I was experiencing additional hangs on some url's that have a number of image downloads. For example, searching for cars on Craigslist until I disabled RSC by issuing Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name Wi-Fi.