Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 NGWG NV WI-FI 6 AX200 M.2 2230 Network Card Pairs to Headphones, won't connect

WoundedEgo
Beginner

Intel AX200.NGWG.NV WI-FI 6 AX200 M.2 2230 Network Card

I see my BT5 headphones in the devices and it shows "Paired" but won't let me connect.

Device shows "Additional installation required"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @WoundedEgo

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)?

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

3- Did the Bluetooth work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the computer?

4- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

5- Have you tested with other/different Bluetooth devices? Have you tested the Bluetooth headphones on another computer? Please provide the model of the Bluetooth headphones.

6- Please provide screenshots showing the "Paired" status and the message "Additional installation required".

Do you see any error in Windows® Device Manager >> Bluetooth section? 

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
WoundedEgo
Beginner

1- Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)?

Bluetooth, and only with my BT5 headset, which works perfectly with my phone, though my phone only has BT4.

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

I replaced it. 

3- Did the Bluetooth work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the computer?

I have a little USB EVEO BT5 card on my computer and that works perfectly. I've never been able to get BT5 working on the Intel AX200 M.2 2230 NIC. I didn't see any performance gain with the new NIC and get frequent disconnects, but I don't know what's the card and what's my service, which isn't that great.

4- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

Hasn't done BT since I installed it.

5- Have you tested with other/different Bluetooth devices? Have you tested the Bluetooth headphones on another computer? Please provide the model of the Bluetooth headphones.

Headphones are MPOW-059. They work perfectly on my phone and with my EVEO USB Bluetooth 5.

6- Please provide screenshots showing the "Paired" status and the message "Additional installation required".

Do you see any error in Windows® Device Manager >> Bluetooth section? 

Please see Intel.zip

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

Attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WoundedEgo

Thank you for your response.

Based on the Intel® SSU report and the screenshots provided, we noticed that the system is already running the latest Intel® generic Wireless and Bluetooth drivers ( 22.40.0.7 and 22.40.0.2).

We also understand that you integrated¹ the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 in the system and checking the computer website* for this system (based on SKU number) we didn't find drivers for Wireless but only a driver for Bluetooth (Release Notes says it "Provides Bluetooth 5.1 certified drivers for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and AX200 WLAN modules").

We would like to know if you checked with your computer manufacturer to confirm full compatibility with your system before integrating the wireless card?

Also, in order to discard "driver-related issues", we would like to recommend first a Clean Installation of the drivers.

1- Check with HP* Support for recommended and validated Bluetooth and Wireless drivers for your system. If no drivers available from your computer manufacturer (OEM) HP*, you may download and save to your computer the latest generic drivers from Intel:

To avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet.

2- Follow the next steps on this link for a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers. Install the Bluetooth driver first, and then the Wireless driver.

In addition, you may also check with the Headphones manufacturer if they have recommendations, software/drivers, or information regarding compatibility issues.

Notes:

¹ When an end-user installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

We also checked the Product Specifications for the HP* Spectre x360 and it says it includes "802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo" but there is no reference to Intel® Wi-Fi AX cards. Having said that, it would be a good idea to check with your OEM regarding compatibility when integrating the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KellyR
Beginner

Hello and I don't wish to rude to jump in here, but I am having the same problems with my Lenovo P50; the short story is I upgraded from the 8260-combo card to the AX200; I did research to ensure compatibility, I did a clean install and it worked.  I'm not sure if Microsoft update corrupted the drivers, however after other devices would not remove, I did a complete reset of Windows, uninstalled the AX200 then reinstalled the 8260-card (that did not work then) So I had no choice but to reinstall the AX200, complete a clean install using device manager removing everything (adapter, Bluetooth, software, etc.) rebooted.  Now the devices will remove, but nothing connects -- I have a Motorola edge plus, and beats headphones, which the phone and headphones will connect perfectly.  I also went thru the regedit cleaner, IDK what is going on???  HELP!!

Here's the link that states it upgrade will work with the correct drivers:  https://tinyurl.com/2d3n5bsc

I also attached the SSU scan of my system.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WoundedEgo

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
WoundedEgo
Beginner

I did, and it didn't help, but reviewing the email I see that I did the clean install in the wrong order. Will try again.

0 Kudos
WoundedEgo
Beginner

Okay, well there was/is an old Microsoft Bluetooth (Personal Area Network) adapter driver that is getting automatically reinstalled. I am unable to delete it.

I am checking with HP. Waiting to hear.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WoundedEgo

Thank you for your response. We understand that the behavior persists and you are now checking with HP* support. Actually, that is the best thing to do (checking with the OEM) at this point considering this is a Wireless integration since the OEM may provide additional debugging. Please feel free to post any feedback regarding the support provided by HP*.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WoundedEgo

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We understood that you were checking with HP* Support so if the issue persists, our recommendation is to continue working with your OEM for further assistance and debugging and to review compatibility concerns considering this is a wireless integration.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
WoundedEgo
Beginner

No love yet, but not due to any lack of diligence on your part. I can't focus on this right now. I'm 99% sure the issue is that out of date driver that I can't uninstall. I'll live with it for now. Life's too short to invest anything more in a trivial problem.

0 Kudos