Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 bluetooth is missing from Windows 10

rfys
Beginner

I recently add the AX200 Desktop Set to my PC build. Wifi works fine, but windows device manager can't find bluetooth device. I've tried some suggestions in the forums like checking & installing the driver, restarting bluetooth services, and finally checking the M.2 Key E Slot in my motherboard.  Strangely, when I tried to boot from Linux Ubuntu LTS 20.04 FF, it detected all the capabilities of the network card, both BT and WIFI.

My PC build use ASRock B550M Pro4 motherboard with Ryzen 3 3100 CPU. It support network card with PCIe Type E Key interface. Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just so we are on the same page, latest that I see is 22.50.0 for BT and 22.50.1 for WiFi. This is what you are trying?

Have you tried a clean install? Process to use is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30434.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Enable Internet access.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

19 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Were you installing the Intel Bluetooth driver or running with the Windows default?

...S

0 Kudos
rfys
Beginner
I installed the Intel Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 that available from the Intel product page.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just so we are on the same page, latest that I see is 22.50.0 for BT and 22.50.1 for WiFi. This is what you are trying?

Have you tried a clean install? Process to use is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30434.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Enable Internet access.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

rfys
Beginner
Wow, clean install is a success. Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it!
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos
mrcpuhead
Beginner

I have the same issue - only the card is installed in a Toshiba Satellite C-55C laptop. I followed the complete manual reinstall process for the latest BT and WIFI drivers...still no joy.

0 Kudos
matttt
Beginner

Im using an Asus ROG X-570 E motherboard with a Ryzen 3900X

I've followed all of your steps but I seem to get caught in a loop (steps 5-8). 

When I reboot my computer, the Wifi AX200 is back in device manager.  I uninstall it again (this time it doesn't give the option to delete the drivers).  Once I reboot, it's back again.

Any ideas @n_scott_pearson ?

Thanks heaps

ZTRN
Beginner

I have the exact problem as @matttt.
I am using an Asus TUF B550-Plus mainboard with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

After the reboot in step 5, the Wifi AX200 is back in the device manager.

Could you please help us @n_scott_pearson ?

Thanks for the help!

~ZTRN

0 Kudos
ChrisHuf
Beginner

Worked great on ASUS X570-E motherboard.    The AX200 driver updates to 22.50.1.1 (4/28/2021) as of this day.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sunni11
Beginner

Have you found any solve to this issue for people who are having the issue persist through tons of wipes>restarts>installs>restarts?  Personally I dont use the wifi or bluetooth other than for printing, I'm hard wired otherwise and recently went to print something today and notice both my bluetooth and wifi adapters gone.  Looked for them in dev manager, both also gone.  Did your solution a ton of times to no avail.  Updated bios, tried again, nothing.  For reference I'm using an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi, and normally my bluetooth/wifi adapters are disabled, but I can always see them and they're greyed out on my adapters page.  I noticed they were just gone today and started troubleshooting and nothing has worked yet.  I also did a network reset when all else failed, to try and get it to reinstall all the network adapters but that didnt work either.  Anything else you got we can try?  Would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Are you sure you have internet access disabled across these reboots? If internet access is enabled, the driver will be reloaded by Windows Update.
...S
0 Kudos
ZTRN
Beginner

Yes, I unplugged my LAN connection and made sure windows displayed "no connection" on the taskbar. The WiFi on the AX200 works (it can find networks in search), but I didn't connect it to any network ever. Especially since windows informs me that I have no internet connection whenever I unplug the LAN cable.

Any ideas? @n_scott_pearson 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you're sure that you are staying disconnected, then keep uninstalling the drivers and rebooting until the drivers are gone. Remember that this is Wireless and BT both. In the BT case, the Intel driver is gone when you either don't see the device or you see the device listed generically with a Microsoft BT driver (I have modified my instructions above to make this clear). If this never happens (translation: you've done the uninstall/reboot, say, 10 times), then something is broken in your installation (most likely bad installer/uninstaller from Intel). You could try using Microsoft's troubleshooter (see this article for more information) or try one of the third-party driver driver removal products (I don't have a specific recommendation (I personally have never had to use one), but this article provides some recommendations).

If the Intel BT device is just not showing up, there may be a physical problem with your adapter (this is not the only discussion of modules whose Wireless is working fine but BT not at all). It may, however, be a problem with your motherboard's BIOS, so check for BIOS updates.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Boulder47
Beginner

I'm using the Intel AX200 M.2 WiFi/BT card on my desktop PC with Asus Z590-P motherboard and Windows 11.  It's installed in the M.2 Key E slot designated as "M.2 WiFi" by Asus.

I have tried the above solution repeatedly and BT simply does not appear in Device Manager.  I've uninstalled the devices and all existing drivers then installed the latest Intel drivers (22.80.1 64-bit) for both WiFi and BT.  Device Manger shows the WiFi with the correct Intel driver,  but no BT at all.

Are there any other solutions?  Is this problem also present with newer Intel M.2 adapters like AX210 and AX211?  has anyone found another M.2 card that works?  Since many other brand M.2 cards use the Intel chipset, I don't want to replace the Intel AX200 card only to find that the replacement card still uses the Intel drivers and doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

TechTycoon
Beginner

Same here... No joy using AX200 or AX201 on a Panasonic CF-C2, which comes standard with this type of card. Not this level of card, but the same type only an older model. Everything works really well on this PC and we use it for vehicle diagnostics. The only thing lacking is the network performance. So far, I've tested three different types. Initially, a Chinese seller's version and then genuine Intel direct from Intel. Then a desktop version that also uses e-Key - only I didn't use the antennae that comes with the package.

Nothing works. In the end, I plugged the old card in and voila - Bluetooth installed without issue.

0 Kudos
Grześ
Beginner

Unfortunately I have the same problem with bluetooth on AX200. Im very confuset of that. I bought this Wi-Fi card especially for built in BT module. So... I have modern B560 motherboard and still can't to encourage BT module to work. Today I bought separate USB BT key and it works like a charm!

Can somebody explain it? Will come a day AX200 will works as a BT?

I'M DISSAPOINTED.

TechTycoon
Beginner

I did the same thing. After testing multiple different units (AX200, AX210, etc.) the problem persisted, so I kept the AX210 installed and purchased an ultra-low-profile USB Bluetooth 5.1 adapter and it works flawlessly.

0 Kudos
AxioWolf
Beginner

Additional solution method/step:

For me, after completing steps 6-8, I shut down my computer and completely disconnected the power for ~1 minute. Then, I start my computer as normal and ta-da, everything works as expected again

I still have this issue most times when I update the drivers including today. Cutting power to my computer after shutdown seems to solve the initial post-update issue. I presume some chips have a little bit of RAM storage that stay active even after a shutdown, so cutting power completely clears all RAM everywhere. That's just a guess though, so I'd love to hear the reason this works from someone knowledgeable!

0 Kudos
IgorRik
Beginner

after two hours googling if find out solution for myself.

what i've had: 

my bluetooth device and driver was disappeared, i cannot remove anything related to bluetooth. 

first a fall i've try to install/reinstall wifi drivers, restarted ten times my PC and plug on/off power cable, but nothing helps. 

then i found solution about plug off cable and holding power on button of 30-60 sec. this solution also haven't helped. But i understood that some electricity issues can affect this module. 

So, as result what i did before my solution:

Go to device manager, click on View -> Show hidden devices and remove all realated bluetooth devices.

Uninstall wifi driver

Install new drivers from topic.

Then 

Power off my PC, unplug cable, hold power on button 30 sec and then took out the CMOS battery from motherboard. Wait couple of minutes and plug/power on PC.

0 Kudos