Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AX200 internal error

hb94
Beginner

Hello,

Like many other users, I am experiencing an issue with my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.  In this case it was installed by Lenovo on my Legion T5 desktop.  Since about 1 year ago, I experience occasional crashes, usually while gaming.  Since updating to Windows 11, I actually got a BSOD once, so I decided to finally do a bit of digging and see what's going on.  In the Event Viewer, I see 16 Errors leading up to the crash, 8 of which are related to the Wi-Fi card. 

"Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed."

"Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly."

Based on the recommended first steps in the thread linked here, I have included the information below. @AndrewG_Intel 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wi-Fi-6-AX200-160MHz-Has-encountered-an-internal-error-and-has/td-p/1311445

Thanks in advance,

Henry

1- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

Wi-Fi only.

2- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

Pre-installed by Lenovo (OEM)

3- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

This has been ongoing for ~1 year, through many Windows updates and presumeably driver updates as well.  All drivers are up-to-date per Windows Device Manager.

4- Router / Access point model:

Google AC-1304

5- When the issue happens, is there any error message or error code under Windows* Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Wireless Adapter >> right-click on Properties >> General tab?

"This device is working properly."

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello hb94,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

Is the issue only present on this device? Or does it affect other devices?

Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection? 

I would recommend you configure the correct settings for the 802.11ax connectivity. You can have this information in the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello hb94,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello hb94,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos