Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AX210 Windows Event Log Spam

nemo79
Novice

I have an AX210 wireless card and it constantly spams event ID messages in the windows event viewer, such as:

The description for Event ID 7021 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
The description for Event ID 7003 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\NDMP59
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
The description for Event ID 7025 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP59
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

It also requires me to enable and disable wifi when waking up from sleep in order to connect to wifi again.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello nemo79,

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your AX210, where there are multiple Event log messages, and you cannot connect to the Wi-Fi if the system goes to sleep.

To further troubleshoot this matter, please provide me with the following information:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Besides the issue when the system wakes up, have you experienced any other issues: such as low speeds or disconnections?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system? Share your system model.
  • What Operating System build version are you using?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nemo79
Novice
  • When did it start to happen?

It has been happening since I got the wifi card

• Besides the issue when the system wakes up, have you experienced any other issues: such as low speeds or disconnections?

Speeds are slower than my phone, but the phone is only wifi 6 and connected to a 5 GHz connection

• Is this a laptop or desktop system? Share your system model.

Laptop, Lenovo Y740-15IRHg

• What Operating System build version are you using?

Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1194

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

It does happen on different networks

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

It is a different adapter than what was pre-installed

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello nemo79,

We appreciate the information you have shared with us.

Since you have mentioned that this is not the wireless card that came pre-installed on your system, it is ideal to mention that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies.

We recommend you continue speaking to the manufacturer of your equipment (Lenovo) for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the motherboard manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.

For more information, read the following article under the name "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
nemo79
Novice

Hello,

The card does work in the laptop, and I am able to connect to the internet. I can connect to WIFI when my computer goes to sleep, it just takes longer to reconnect after waking from sleep and the event viewer is being spammed with event ids that do not explain anything.

I have tried limiting the card to 802.11ac and 2.4/5 GHz without much luck.

One thing that might be related is that the main network that I have access to is an enterprise WIFI 6E school network that uses WPA3 Enterprise. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello nemo79,

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello nemo79.

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Since this is a wireless integration, the best course of action is to reach your system OEM. Even though the card works, it does not mean it is fully compatible with your system.

You should contact Lenovo to check whether or not the card is compatible and gather the proper installation steps.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
nemo79
Novice

The OEM said the card is compatible

0 Kudos
svrghaxa
Novice

Having exact same issue using Dell XPS13  1280p with inbuilt "\Device\NDMP8
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz"

Driver: 17/01/2023

driverversion; 22.200.0.6

Most recent Windows 11 and most recent Dell software installed.

System gets flooded with the  events almost every second.

One example:

The description for Event ID 7025 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP8
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

0 Kudos
nemo79
Novice

Can you post a new topic with your info? They stopped looking at this post. They might support you since the ax211 was already included in your device, which might lead to a solution for both of us.

0 Kudos