Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AX210 antenna issue

friendlyphotog
Beginner

I installed an AX210 kit in a Dell Optiplex 5070. It works great with the kit antennas, but it becomes very erratic when I try to use a yagi antenna for more distance. The yagi antenna worked great with the Dell Optiplex 5050 I had. Any ideas or thoughts will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @friendlyphotog

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Regarding your issue, wireless antennas are generally provided by each original equipment manufacturer (OEM), as they will need to fit each computer and may be subject to country-specific regulatory requirements.

Replacing wireless antennas can be considered a wireless integration on its own. Intel® does not support wireless integrations. We recommend you speak to the manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @friendlyphotog

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos