Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

AX211 Windows Event Log Spam

svrghaxa
Novice

Having exact same issue using Dell XPS13  1280p with inbuilt "\Device\NDMP8
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz" as described in

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX210-Windows-Event-Log-Spam/m-p/1468219/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExGSUpIOEpOMU9ZVzc0fDE0NjgyMTl8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M46316

Driver: 17/01/2023

driverversion; 22.200.0.6

Most recent Windows 11 and most recent Dell software installed.

System gets flooded with the  events almost every second.

One example:

The description for Event ID 7025 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP8
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

svrghaxa, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before without showing the events that you described?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
svrghaxa
Novice
  • In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:
  • Is this a new computer?
    YES
  • Was it working fine before without showing the events that you described?
    I do not know. Iwas checking the logs for other problems.
    "Modern standby" gets triggered due accidental bluetooth mouse move, and my laptop got heated up during my flight travel!

• If yes, when did the issue start?
    I do not know, I do not check the logs every day.
  • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?
    No, Only unwanted forced windows updates, whioch I cannot prevent and only postpone.
  • The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?
    Please read my post above: "Dell XPS13  1280p with inbuilt "\Device\NDMP8" It is already installed.
    Also the CPU.
  • Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?
    Home and Work.
  • Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

Unrelated opinion:
    I think Quality of Intel+MS+(Dell/Lenovo) has worsened since several years although using always the latest and recent  drivers from the manufacturer, but also tried Intel Driver Assitant drivers after windows-Reinstalls:
    When my Intel laptops(Only several Dells and Lenovos) have an uptime more than two weeks and many sleep and hibernate cycles, then BSODs start, doesn't matter which laptop (dell or Lenovo):
    Recently for example mainly related to Modern Standby ->Intel SmartSound doing BSOD, Intel Graphics leading to BSOD when starting youtube on firefox.
    And if this iwll be fixed, then an BSOD  can occur somewhere else after a long uptime.

I have collected so many BSOD dump files, but I am not capable doing more than using WinDbg and doing '!analyze -v':
    The output then point always to Intel drivers as root cause.
    And is very difficult to find experts understanding crashdumps.
    Mostly support repeat their same story as most people cannot read crashdumps:
    Just install the latest drivers and latest Windows ( I cannot hear this any more!).

My M2 Apple laptop has not such issues.
    It has in the meanwhile an uptime of more than 100days without any crashes although doing docking daily at work at home doing everyday sleep/hibernate cycles.
    There seems to be a general quality issue on the Wintel side regardless of who the laptop manufacturer is.

It looks like I have to live with the fact, that Intel Laptops should be restarted at least once a week to be really sure.
    Really frustrating situation with Intel!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

svrghaxa, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, the wireless driver version, as you mentioned, currently installed on your computer is 22.200.0.6.

It is important to mention that we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked on Dell's website and the latest wireless driver they have available is version 22.190.0.2, A40. So, in order to try to fix this problem related to the events you are reporting, try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=dmt33&oscode=w2021&productcode=xps-13-9320-laptop 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

If the issue remains after that, even though the Intel® wireless drivers are generic and they might not work as expected on your machine, try a clean installation, but this time, of our latest wireless driver for your card, version 22.200.2.1:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax211

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Dell Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
svrghaxa
Novice

Thanks for your quick answer.

Unfortunately, I had already installed latest dell drivers and as last resort , I had to install latest Intel drivers)

Using Intel Driver assistant due BSOD due Bluetooth and Intel SmartSound using the Dell drivers.

And Dell cannot help more and cannot do the crashdump analysis work, their only solution is  again again replacing mainboard / laptop.

The real culprit is in the end, I think Intel, to write more robust drivers, I recommend writing more unit tests integration tests automated regression tests etc..

They need to  analyze crashdumps and fix the driver accordingly, write bug repoducing tests which all should run as soons the sourcecode changes.

That will never happen.

The release notes are very unclear for the most recent Intel driver , it just tells "In rare cases, the wireless device might display a yellow bang in Device Manager after driver
installation." This is not the  I described, how you know this fixes this probem?

I am  now everytime reinstalling windows, installing again latest driver from Intel, these cycles will never end.

I think I have to live with this quality standard now, as I do not want now to waste my free time more time in doing the work what Intel should do.

The current situation costs some battery and performance but I have at least a BSOD free system for at least one week.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

svrghaxa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue still persists after trying the troubleshooting steps suggested previously.

We completely understand and respect your decision on this subject. It is important to mention that for Intel® all the feedback provided by all of our clients is very important. For that reason, I will send your comments and suggestions to the proper department for them to be aware of your remarks and observations in order to keep improving the customer's experience while using intel products.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.