Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7759 Discussions

AX211 and AX201 Problem

AcMahendra
Novice

I got 3 devices with AX201:

- 2 Units Dell Optilex 7090

- 1 Units Intel NUC PAHi5

I got 1 devices with AX201: Asus ExpertBook B7402F with Intel i7 1260p processor

I got 1 older notebook Dell E7470 with upgraded network card with AX210.

All of them are connected to the same Wifi 6 Router Huawei AX3. Almost everyday I used my Dell E7470 and working fine till today, no issue with connection, speed test always shows as promised from my ISP.

3 months ago, I just realized that the Intel NUC suddenly has strange internet behavior's, it is intermittently dropped, and I tried troubleshoot, I split the Wifi SSID between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. And I found behavioral that AX201 is unable to connect to 5GHz. Once it is unable to connect, then the network card unable to see all 5GHZ SSID from Wifi 6, but it is still able to see the 5GHz Wifi 5.

I managed claim the NUC to Intel support, just receive the unit last week, today I tried to turning on the replacement unit, it is working fine.

But my 2 dell OptiPlex behave like the Intel NUC before got the replacement. One of them I tried replace with AX210 and working flawlessly. But the unit with AX201 still has same behavioral.

Last week, I got ExpertBook B7402F with AX211 soldered on board, sometime has the same behavioral like AX201, once it is able to connect to 5GHz, the download speed is only got 5mbps, but the upload speed got 100mbps, in near same time I test with Dell E7470 with AX210, the download speed and upload speed I got constantly 250mbps as ISP promised speed I purchased.

This is very strange, I suspect something problem with AX201 and AX211, because all of PC or notebook with my AX210 are working fine with the same router.

Please kindly help to resolve this, especially on AX211, since this on board unit, please kindly find attached ssu output of my Asus ExpertBook B7402F with AX211 .

Thanks,

Rgds,
Adhari 

19 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AcMahendra, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new laptop?

Did the Intel® wireless AX211 card ever work fine before without showing the download speed problem that you are describing on this specific laptop, EXPERTBOOK B7402F?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Just to confirm, the Intel® wireless AX211 card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AcMahendra
Novice

Hi,

When I got the Asus ExpertBook B7402F from abroad, I tested it using mobile broadband network, so I did not realize the speed.

Once I tested it at home, then I realize that the notebook has download problem. AX211 is coming from the notebook.

But, the problem for AX201 is not from beginning. It is started from 2-3 months ago. I realized that I had 1+ year Intel NUC 11PAHi5, it works perfectly since I got. Then just this year started behave abnormally, especially with Wifi 6. In many forum, a lot of people complain same or similar behavioral. Then I got RMA and now working perfectly.

When I ship the NUC to Inter Service Center, I used my older PC, Dell Optiplex 7090 (I had 2 unit), both of them have same behavioral like NUC before the replacement, and all of my devices notebook/PC with AX201 suddenly have same problem, but not with AX210. All my devices with AX210 working perfectly with same router.

Problem slow connection (intermittent drop connection) also appear in many forum, here is one of an example:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-6E-AX211-160MHz-Very-slow-connection/td-p/1415072

Thanks,

Regards,

Adhari

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi AcMahendra, Thank you very much for that information.

Since every computer is different even if the same components are being used, at this point we will try to fix the problem on the EXPERTBOOK B7402F using the Intel® AX211 wireless card. Then we can check the other platforms that are using a different Intel® Wireless card model.

According to the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 22.180.0.4.

It is important to mention that it is always recommended to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked on ASUS website and I did not see a wireless driver version available for download. I can see they have a driver's package, Driver Package(WIN11_22H2). Please install that driver package and then tests the laptop to confirm if the behavior is the same:

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-work/expertbook/expertbook-b7-flip-b7402f-12th-gen-intel/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=ExpertBook-B7-Flip-B7402F-12th-Gen-Intel

If the issue persists after that, even though the Intel® wireless drivers are generic, for testing purposes, try a clean installation of our latest driver version 22.220.0.4, following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax211

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

We also suggest to get in contact directly with ASUS Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your machine or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AcMahendra
Novice

Please kindly find respond/answer inline:

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Hi AcMahendra, Thank you very much for that information.

Since every computer is different even if the same components are being used, at this point we will try to fix the problem on the EXPERTBOOK B7402F using the Intel® AX211 wireless card. Then we can check the other platforms that are using a different Intel® Wireless card model.

According to the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 22.180.0.4.

It is important to mention that it is always recommended to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

>> The driver installed and reported by SSU is the latest update provided by MyAsus application

AcMahendra_0-1684859127166.png

I looked on ASUS website and I did not see a wireless driver version available for download. I can see they have a driver's package, Driver Package(WIN11_22H2). Please install that driver package and then tests the laptop to confirm if the behavior is the same:

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-work/expertbook/expertbook-b7-flip-b7402f-12th-gen-intel/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=ExpertBook-B7-Flip-B7402F-12th-Gen-Intel

>> Do you mean the SCCM driver package?

AcMahendra_1-1684859173216.png

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AcMahendra, Thank you very much for your response.

In reference to your question, the name of the driver is actually "Driver Package(WIN11_22H2)", here is the direct link for download:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Commercial_NB/B7402FBA/X64W11_22H2_SWP_B7402FBA_04.00_L.iso?model=B7402FBA

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AcMahendra
Novice

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

AcMahendra, Thank you very much for your response.

In reference to your question, the name of the driver is actually "Driver Package(WIN11_22H2)", here is the direct link for download:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Commercial_NB/B7402FBA/X64W11_22H2_SWP_B7402FBA_04.00_L.iso?model=B7402FBA

>> I have downloaded the file and extract it, there 2 type for folder wireless LAN, my notebook is non EVO so I choose non-EVO

AcMahendra_0-1684912782221.png

Then inside this folder found 2 folder ICPS Component and Extension:

AcMahendra_1-1684912979631.png

Inside the ICPS Component folder thera bunch of file but no installer:

AcMahendra_2-1684913042021.png

Please kindly advise

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AcMahendra, Thank you very much for confirming that information and sharing the pictures.

In that case, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. Before we do that, just to make sure, were you able to install and test Intel® wireless driver version 22.220.0.4? If so, what was the outcome?

Are you sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on the EXPERTBOOK B7402F?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AcMahendra
Novice
Hi,

For BIOS latest version there is a problem to update to latest version, and now working with asus official to resolve.

But logically, I tried to rollback using Windows 11 older version (2022), and install old driver, and using my old wireless AC router, the speed is also problem in download, but not upload.

Thanks,
Rgds,
Adhari
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi AcMahendra, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will now do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendra,

We have been working on the investigation, please answer the following questions and let me know the results:

• Keep us informed of the behavior after updating the BIOS.
  • Does the same issue happen in the 2.4GHz band?
  • Test the Wireless card with another access point.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendra,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AcMahendra
Novice

Sorry, actually last time I tried replied the thread by email, but it failed to send.

Bellow is my answer:

For BIOS Update I don't have time yet to go to ASUS Service center.

But for AX201, if I connect to my TP Link C80 (AC1950) it only get  max 173mbps symmetrically, and AX210 got 800-1900 mbps, and AX211 also shows same symptom download issue, lower than 5mbps.

Connect to 2.4Ghz wireless AC or N only get below 1mbps download speed.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendra,

Thank you for your response and clarification.

I understand that you do not have time to go to an ASUS Service Center to complete the BIOS update, but also this is important to determine the compatibility. If you need guidance for the BIOS update you can contact ASUS Customer Support.

Let me know the results or if you have difficulties.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendra,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
SpaceChrome22
New Contributor I

I also have problems with the AX211 it drops out on the 5ghz mode when under load and constantly looses connection with a netwtw12 cannot be found in the event viewer. I have tried all drivers from motherboard manufacture and even drivers from intel none of them resolve the issue. I had a old form open about it but the site went under maintenance and I couldn't respond back. https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-Netwtw12-and-Netwtw10-errors/td-p/1453378

with the latest driver the netwtw10 error does not occur only the netwtw12 does. If I use a older driver it gives the netwtw10 error only either way I get constant 5ghz drops and loose connection completely even on a clean install of windows 11 this doesn't fix the issue please fix had this issue since late 2022.

0 Kudos
Kittehkitteh27
Beginner

To add to this:  I have this issue as well with two laptops with AX201 and one with AX211.  After much research on the forums, none of these solutions are working. No driver version I have found helps. BIOS is updated on all three machines. All three are different model CLEVO laptops. I'm suspecting their is a larger issue at play. 

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

SpaceChrome22, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. In order for us to be able to do that, you can either keep monitoring this thread, and hopefully, the solution provided here will work for your device as well or, you can submit your inquiry on a new thread since every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendr, I just wanted to check if you were able to update the BIOS and if you still need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AcMahendra, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos