Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

About AC8265 with Ruckus connection problem

Jack1117
Beginner

HI ALL:

In my company , we use lenovo T480, T490 and T14 and no cable just use wifi . The wifi device is ruckus ZD1200 and R720 . ZD1200 version is 10.4.1.0 bulid 257 ; R720 version is 10.4.1.0.257.

Only T480 uses respone to IT , they said their T480 always show disconnect wifi , need to click to connect then they can go internet , but T490 and T14 users are worked well ..... 

After I update T480 wifi module driver to 20.70.27.1 , it still happened !!!

So , I think this maybe AC8265 and Ruckus issue , maybe  modify config in AC8265 in "Advanced" but I do no know which should change ~~~~

Could someone help me this problem ???

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. We recommend doing a Clean installation of the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, those include customizations that Intel drivers do not. The Intel DSA downloads the generic drivers so you could be missing customizations that Lenovo adds to their drivers.

Here are the steps for Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers:

You can get the customized drivers directly from Lenovo. For testing, you can also try previous Intel drivers like 20.70.26.2 or 20.70.25.2:

Make sure you're using Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity and Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Jack1117

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• What model of wireless card do the other laptops use?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Did you test different drivers? What version?
  • Are they all new computers?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in the computers or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Did you test those laptops (T480) on a different network?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Jack1117
Beginner
  • What model of wireless card do the other laptops use? ==>Intel AC-8265
  • When did it start to happen?==>maybe 2021/06
  • Did you test different drivers? What version?==>Yes , I always update drive by "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" anytime , it you publish new version driver then I will update and test 
  • Are they all new computers?==>no, T480 almost around 3 years
  • What OS version are you using?==>WIN10 21H1 later 
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in the computers or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?==>it is original adapter , I do not install new adapter  
  • Did you test those laptops (T480) on a different network?==> different network ??? about this , I do no know what yours mean !
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?==>Yes , before 2021/06
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? ==>I think .......maybe no , because many T480 , so I can not got all info , but users just tell me , their wifi connection status is not stable .
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? ==> about this .....no 
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? ==> Yes
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. We recommend doing a Clean installation of the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, those include customizations that Intel drivers do not. The Intel DSA downloads the generic drivers so you could be missing customizations that Lenovo adds to their drivers.

Here are the steps for Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers:

You can get the customized drivers directly from Lenovo. For testing, you can also try previous Intel drivers like 20.70.26.2 or 20.70.25.2:

Make sure you're using Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity and Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Jack1117
Beginner

@David_G_Intel  

Thanks for your concern , but this issue I need to more time to test and  verify ,  about this case I will close first , after I test with my colleague , I will return the result !!!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update. Please confirm if you want this thread closed or if you need time to test this, in case you need more time to test it please let us know approximately when you will be back with the results. We will be waiting for your response.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @Jack1117

Let us know if you want this thread closed or when you'll get time to test our recommendations

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Jack1117
Beginner

Hello @David_G_Intel 

Please close this case , thanks !

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We will close this thread as you requested, please continue working with the laptop manufacturer since multiple laptops the same model are affected. It's recommended that you use the drivers provided by the manufacturer

Please also make sure that you're running the latest BIOS in all systems, Lenovo can guide you to complete the pending updates.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos