Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

BE200 Card not recognized in desktop PC

Ryan20
Beginner
I installed the BE200 PCIE card in my desktop today. I downloaded the driver, and restarted my computer. However, my computer does not recognize it at all. It’s not throwing any errors, it’s just not there. When I go into my network settings, I can see my old network settings (my 6
WiFi 6 details). Has anyone else experience this? If so, how did you resolve it?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
windows_guru
Novice
0 Kudos
Ryan20
Beginner
Thanks for getting back to me. I already did that. Still not working.
0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Hello Ryan20

Installing new hardware can sometimes be a bit finicky. If your computer isn't recognizing the BE200 PCIE card, here are a few steps you could try:

1. Ensure that the card is properly seated in the PCI Express slot.
2. Sometimes, the card needs to be enabled from the BIOS/UEFI settings.
3. If it's an older motherboard, a BIOS/UEFI update might be necessary to support new hardware.
4. If possible, try installing the card in a different PCI Express slot to rule out slot issues.
5. Verify that the card is compatible with your system's hardware and operating system.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the driver, ensuring you have the correct and most recent version.
7. Even if it's not showing up in network settings, it might appear in Device Manager, possibly with an error that can give more clues.

I hope this helps....

Harry

0 Kudos